Toronto 400 Wellington West | 38m | 12s | Sorbara | SMV

A question for you guys. I have had engineered hard would in the past. what are differences in your opinion between laminant and the other hard woods sorbara is offering?

I prefer a good quality laminate than the poor low quality engineered hard wood floor that is offered by almost all the builders in Toronto.

The laminate floors that are being offered are much better than average (none of that klik stuff that is plastic) and the engineered hardwood pricing is expensive.

interesting points guys thanks! I agree the engineered hardwood is expensive, not sure I want to go there. What makes this laminate good quality, as I couldn't really tell?

Attention all 400 wellington buyers

Hi, I am putting together a list of all 400 Wellington buyers.
If you want to voluntarily provide your name to get included in some future networking I am co-ordinating, please email me at 400wellingtonguy@gmail.com.
I will just need your name, suite number and model type in your email.
Again, its voluntary and I am not going to publish the list.
I am thinking of setting up a private online area for residents but not sure what platform to choose yet. If anyone has any preferences, please let me know.

Great idea 400WellingtonGuy. Not sure what your programing skills are, but my current building has a pretty awesome site set up for residence to discuss just about anything and everything. www.vutalk.com .... i personally have absolutely no idea how to do something like this, but I found it to be extremely useful.

In my previous building, we had a very active facebook group, which i think just about everyone in the building was on. It was a great way to discuss issues, get some questions answered and even the condo board was using it to get their messaging across.....

Great idea 400WellingtonGuy. Not sure what your programing skills are, but my current building has a pretty awesome site set up for residence to discuss just about anything and everything. www.vutalk.com .... i personally have absolutely no idea how to do something like this, but I found it to be extremely useful.

It's really not that difficult. You don't even need to know how to 'program', since it's just a php script. All WellingtonGuy would need to do is register a domain, find an affordable host (many of them out there) and install (or get the host to install) the php software, which is free. You can then customize the software and you are done! This is something Wellington guy may want to look in to. And if you need help, I'm here :)

Here is a photo from yesterday.
Ninth floor done, they are working on 10th floor and some columns are up off the 10th floor.
Window installation up to fifth floor and it looks like they are doing a floor a week.
Anyone received occupancy date letters from Sorbara?

400welliemar6.jpg

It's really not that difficult. You don't even need to know how to 'program', since it's just a php script. All WellingtonGuy would need to do is register a domain, find an affordable host (many of them out there) and install (or get the host to install) the php software, which is free. You can then customize the software and you are done! This is something Wellington guy may want to look in to. And if you need help, I'm here :)

Ya, I really dont want to be hosting the site on my machine like those bulletin boards. I guess I am looking for alternatives other than facebook and not bulletin boards.

So I went by the office and have to say I am disappointed with the standard options. The vanities in the bathroom look terrible, as well as the standard counters for the kitchen. The standard cabinets also look a little poor. Why do you guys think there is not a lot of choice when it comes to the standard options? I also don't understand why there are 5 different laminates all by the same company and 2 colours are standard and the other three are upgrades?

I am impressed by the upgrade options though. I think Sorbara did a good job giving people lots of choice if they are willing to paying for it. I am still excited by the project but am a little disappointed. I noticed that some people received a $5000 upgrade credit, based on the pricing sheet. That at least makes it a little better for those who received it.

So I went by the office and have to say I am disappointed with the standard options. The vanities in the bathroom look terrible, as well as the standard counters for the kitchen. The standard cabinets also look a little poor. Why do you guys think there is not a lot of choice when it comes to the standard options? I also don't understand why there are 5 different laminates all by the same company and 2 colours are standard and the other three are upgrades?

I am impressed by the upgrade options though. I think Sorbara did a good job giving people lots of choice if they are willing to paying for it. I am still excited by the project but am a little disappointed. I noticed that some people received a $5000 upgrade credit, based on the pricing sheet. That at least makes it a little better for those who received it.

I have receieved some costs for some options and most are actually quite reasonable. For example, to extend the upper wall cabinets of the kitchen another foot, it was $452.00 taxes all in. That's a damn good price and everyone should take this option.

I thought there was a lot of choice because you can customize quite a bit and spend money where you want. Compare that to places like Market Wharf and Berczy that had 3 colour combo choices only, take it or leave it. At least here, you can find your own style more or less.

Back