Toronto 3C Waterfront | ?m | ?s | 3C Lakeshore | Foster + Partners

c3_banner[1].jpg

have anyone seen this before. im not sure if this is new or old

Attachments

• c3_banner[1].jpg
    c3_banner[1].jpg
    45 KB · Views: 1,264
Since the city was complaining about the floor plate size on M+G, I wonder how they will reconcile the large, open office floorplates into the smaller spaces required for condos inside the twin towers. One of the earlier graphics indicates that the towers will be mixed use.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-djpSJ3NWb...AB3Q/NxQmM4Jeq4U/s1600/00oxfordconvention.jpg

As for Ushahid's photo, it might be from the 3C waterfront development, which Foster+Partners is also working on.

Gotta love Whiskey Beach

urbantoronto-7343-25099.jpg

Attachments

• urbantoronto-7343-25099.jpg
    urbantoronto-7343-25099.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 1,140
Claude Cormier is responsible for the design of the non-functioning "traditional" fountain in the 4 Seasons courtyard. Huge disappointment and missed opportunity. Let's hope whatever water feature is chosen for this space actually works.

Claude Cormier was asked for a fountain and delivered one at the Four Seasons. Turns out it's a bit too windy there, so the 5-star hotelier decided not to have it potentially dampen their guests. This fountain is located in a beach site amongst trees, so totally different situation. It will still get windy down here by the lake though, so just don't walk by in a Gucci suit and loafers.

That's why the FS waterless fountain, should have been moved to the rose garden. It makes a lot more sense than that silly waterless fountain in the driveway. I hope this new fountain has lots of water flowing. The sound of the water is an important component of a water fountain.

^ I agree that the sound of the water is the most important component of a water fountain. it is very pleasant and can change the mood.

This is why Sugar beach is amazing, well when the fountain is working !!! : - ) Same with Sherborne commons ..

I personally am really pleased that the city seems to be getting some new traditional-style fountains as opposed to stark modern ones, or sprinklers from the ground.

Berczy Park and Whisky Beach (not to mention 4s) hopefully start the trend here that has served Europe so well for centuries. I think people truly appreciate the traditional style of art and architecture and this city could use more IMHO.

I'm fine with the Victorian birdbath style fountains at Berczy and Whiskey, but that'll be enough thank-you. Let's see something more Stravinsky Fountain-like.

Back