Toronto 3C Waterfront | ?m | ?s | 3C Lakeshore | Foster + Partners

Not sure that I understand the whole "taller is better..." fixation, a rhetoric that is becoming quite repetitive and tiresome. For a waterfront location of tremendous potential, the quality of design and contributions to the public realm should be the main initiatives. Not that I necessarily oppose buildings of great heights (here or at other locations) but there are more important factors to consider when judging the merit of a new building.

I don't think anybody is disputing the importance of design quality, "meeting the street", or other factors. Of course they are important. But there does seem to be a knee-jerk "you're a height fanboi" response any time a proposal's height is mentioned in a positive way, that I am beginning to become tired of hearing.

Though in this case and many others, it begins with AG's provocation of proverbial/theoretic height haters that trigger such chain reactions. Gee...

Mongo:

As AlbertC mentioned, the thread is overwhelmingly positive about the new info with no complaints about the appropriateness of height on the site until a certain member decided that dropping an incendiary (and inaccurate, I might add) remark.

AoD

Meant to mention the other day that, there is a community update meeting for the site on Thursday May 30th from 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. @ Airship 37 Event Space, 37 Parliament Street Studio 2. Members of the master planning team will be making presentations.

3C Lakeshore Inc. invites you to attend A Community Update Meeting on May 30, 2013

3C Lakeshore Inc. invites you to attend a Community Update Meeting

On the redevelopment “3C Waterfront†site located at the southwest corner of Cherry Street and Lake Shore Boulevard East
(324 Cherry Street & 429 Lake Shore Boulevard)

Date: Thursday, May 30, 2013
Time: 6:30 pm – 8:30 pm, presentation at 7:00 pm
Location: Airship 37 Event Space, 37 Parliament Street, Studio 2

There will be presentations by members of the master planning team, followed by a facilitated Q & A session.

Coffee, tea and light refreshments will be provided.

For more information please contact: info@enconsulting.ca

Wow, how did I miss this one. I'm not sure about the towers, but I love the connection to the Distillery.

From tonight's meeting:

IMG_7761[1].jpg

IMG_7762[1].jpg

IMG_7763[1].jpg

Attachments

• IMG_7761[1].jpg
    IMG_7761[1].jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 1,043
  • IMG_7762[1].jpg
    IMG_7762[1].jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 1,030
  • IMG_7763[1].jpg
    IMG_7763[1].jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 1,012
Thanks PE:

Rather like the scale of the mews - hard to see the architectural details - not entirely convinced in this aspect at this point.

AoD

Last edited:
There are no architectural details. They haven't even picked architects yet. Site plan stage now. Version on the right in second photo is what they want.

CityplaceN1:

Realize the original LDL siteplan and the 3C proposal, but it thought the architectural plans are further along than that.

AoD

Last edited:

Back