Toronto 350 Bloor East | 209.07m | 63s | Osmington Gerofsky | Hariri Pontarini

I wonder if there is a technical reason why a new owner couldn’t apply for additional height?

I fully count on any new owner seeking more height. More height and more square footage just makes it more expensive and longer to construct and harder to finance construction and juggle the debt load over the extended period.

I wouldn't count on a new owner popping up for this as there are a hundred properties that will be bankrupt within five years if the market doesn't turn around. Just have to sit back and wait

Last edited:
The way to cut out entitlement-profiteering is to upzone the City, thereby taking the incentive out of it entirely. I too am bored to tears with every dipshit running a zoning shop too, but there's an underlying reality which explains why that cottage industry has taken hold here.

Sure, though I think 'use it or lose it zoning' would be a useful measure as well.

But...........can we please buy 1,200 acres of parks before we upzone the land and can only afford 300?

The way to cut out entitlement-profiteering is to upzone the City, thereby taking the incentive out of it entirely. I too am bored to tears with every dipshit running a zoning shop too, but there's an underlying reality which explains why that cottage industry has taken hold here.
I am painfully aware of that...but that still doesn't alleviate my annoyances of phony proposals in a city desperate for bold, dynamic and quality architecture. And to put it mildly.

Back