Toronto 316 Bloor West | 121.14m | 37s | State Building Group | Kirkor

Maybe he's just pondering whether he should shave or not. It's a tough question, ain't it?

Anyways, I guess we'll see how long the wait will be for a final decision on this. Not that I (or most anyone) looks forward to what's basically an elaboration of a Richmond design, with a slightly nicer podium.

Height increase not quite a done deal yet (but presumably will be)

View attachment 506320
Hope they end up with something not taller than what they're pulling down currently. ...'cause I don't want to be looking at that Kirkor "special" from my window for the ages. Just saying. >.<

1698596956625.png

The building in question is still there though...albeit with the northern face more exposed.

A 450-unit condo tower is planned at 316 Bloor St. W., at the corner of Madison Avenue, on the border of The Annex and Yorkville neighbourhoods.

It will offer residents access to two Toronto Transit Commission subway lines, the Spadina streetcar and a variety of amenities.

Zagdanski said all approvals are essentially in place and sales should launch in 2024. The existing two-storey building will be demolished to make room for a condo that will include bachelor, one- and two-bedroom units expected to be in the 350- to 850-square-foot range.

...er, any plans yet to change that terrible design?

...er, NM, but an update though: Scaffolding has been erected over west sidewalk of Madison beside the site in question here. I presume it's in conjunction with removing the east wall of the existing building.

Last edited:
...and how many years that building sat vacant sprouting an assortment of foliage?

In the end though, we will be afforded with one Kirkor's "specials" that will make us all wish that it stayed vacant for an eternity. /sigh

Back