Toronto 305-319 King West | 156.96m | 50s | Claireville Holdings Ltd | Scott Shields

Agree, re: the quality of food, but disagree re: the ability for the new builds to recreate the cadence of the small storefronts we're losing here. 'Vibrant', this strip will no longer be.

Interesting way to characterize a tourist trap of horrific restaurants nobody in Toronto likes.

Obviously, by "interesting" I mean "completely inaccurate"
It's not the best restaurants but it's convenient for those going to see the shows at the theaters, Roy Thompson, Scotia theater etc.
Still a loss for the neighbourhood to have restaurants becoming construction zones for the next 4-5 years...

Great...yet another blue/green, potentially spandrel laced box tower in the Entertainment District. Well at least it will blend in just fine amongst the sea of mostly horrific architecture in the area.

Great...yet another blue/green, potentially spandrel laced box tower in the Entertainment District. Well at least it will blend in just fine amongst the sea of mostly horrific architecture in the area.
I wouldn't worry too much, this is pretty clearly a rezoning exercise where the owner will promptly flip the property to a new owner who will update the design, much like what happened next door.

It's OK I guess
I'm luke warm about it
Most important for me is the heritage restaurant row is getting preserved
Not really holding my breath for anything extraordinary in this area

Which version are these photos? I looked in the database for this building and didn't see this version. Is this something in between the original design and the new design?

11-King-St-W-P.jpg

MAIN-IMAGE-12.jpg

Back