Toronto 300 Front Street West | 156.05m | 49s | Tridel | Wallman Architects

I think this is an amazing proposal! What a beautiful building and property! Even though this is a prime piece of real estate, I am thinking this design may have been better suited to other locations in the city... with that nice park it could easily slot in somewhere around St. Clair / Avenue Rd. In any case I am really hoping that it gets built... should be a great addition to the expanding western skyline!

I agree. It looks fantastic. It almost has an air of the Millenium Hilton in Manhattan.

030812A.jpg

*thanks Alvin, my mistake

Very strangely, they spell the name of the hotel Millenium - missing an 'n'. Alivn's got it right.

Just thought I would let everyone know that this project is still under review and there is not likely to be a response until April 2008.

Update - Project Now 50 Storeys

The architect tonight updated the neighbourhood on the project at a Adam Vaughan development meeting. The building has dropped to 50 storeys. Updated renderings should be coming through in the next few days.

Where those eight extra floors were seen to be excessive, threatening and anti-urban? Did someone just want to give the building a haircut?

It appears that the City's planning and design folks didn't want to have it any higher than the TIFF buiilding, so they are now about the same height. The City wants building heights to taper as they move west towards Spadina.

Another major change was the parkette is now on the southeast corner and the tower is now on the west side of the site.

If I recall correctly, they trimmed a few floors off the TIFF building as well. No one would notice those eight floors from the street.

true, but likely they dont want the TIFF tower to be blocked out (or look less significant) in skyline shots used in future advertising for the festival and its new home.

the reorientation of the site is almost predictable... I guess they want to have as much impact along Front St. with the public parkette, but I thought the way it was sort of hidden from Front St in the original rendering made the plan more interesting (and the park more enjoyable and quiet)

The City wants building heights to taper as they move west towards Spadina.

Does this mean that City Place's Signature Tower is going to experience the same sort of trimming down?

The height doesn't bother me too much (Signature and 300 Front), as long as the bases are executed well. I like that the parkette for 300 Front is going to the SE corner of the site. It will be well used by CBC employees, local residents and fans going to/from Jays games.

300 front st.

Instead of adding certain # of floors they are cuttin':mad:
IDIOTS !!! 'Hate them with a passion !!!!!

PS: Responsible People in King-Kong and especially in Dubai do not have that
phobia:(

Back