Toronto 300 Front Street West | 156.05m | 49s | Tridel | Wallman Architects

Do we know when the decision is going to council?

For me, this project makes up for the Sapphire Tower... bigtime. And from Tridel! :) What a surprise.

The only possible NIMBY is the CBC all the other buildings in the area are skyscrapers.

The planning department will provide council with a recommendation based on the zoning, O.P., PPS, growth plan, secondary plans and other planning issues - recommendations are not based soley on what neighbours have to say (pro or con).

And from Tridel! What a surprise.

Why?

The planning department will provide council with a recommendation based on the zoning, O.P., PPS, growth plan, secondary plans and other planning issues - recommendations are not based soley on what neighbours have to say (pro or con).

Well that can't hurt the chances of this one making it into reality. (at least in it's present 200 Meter glory)

I just found this completely by mistake!

OMG OMG OMG:

http://cormier.bassoburo.com/project/300-front-street/

It looks like a massive variation on hte SPIRE condo-- another great building from Architects Alliance. The landscaping will be done by the same people doing the Four Seasons Hotel + Residences park.

27_01_img_1.jpg

That last image to the right certainly shows how the CN tower will be much more centralised on the Toronto skyline as viewed from the Islands. Shangri-La, RBC and Ritz-Carlton brought the 'talls' right up to just east of the tower, and now with 300 Front, the talls will be extending to the west as well. I am hoping that a few more talls (in addition to the Signature tower, whatever its final design looks like) will be built in that area, or even further to the west.

Bill

The problem I have with this development is that it doesn't do anything about the power substation. It needs to be encapsulated somehow. Even an air filled tennis dome would do. The rendering looks great though.

Awesome find! I love that park. It's a very corporate looking condo. If it didn't have the balconies it could almost look like an office building. Love that skyline drawing too.

Looks very good in my opinion. I still don't like balconies, but if they make the condos sell, so be it. Urbanity thank you for your find, you deserve 10 UT points:)

I love the design of this tower, and furthermore I LOVE when public parks are included in these projects.

My favourite examples:
-SPIRE park
-Four Seasons Hotel & Residecnes park
-18 Yorkville park

I'd rather see a non-condo building go in there...the site is too valuable.

If we're going to fill up everything within a 10 minute walk of Union Station with crappy Elements and Infinitys, we might as well keep the parking lots for now. The sites don't even need to be office buildings - they could be hotels or Metropoli or institutions or parks or anything.

We know they might build junk because Element and Infinity just went up in the area. I never said they would, and you know that. "Downtown" may have lots of redevelopment opportunities, but few of these sites are close to Union Station. Almost everyone here seems to think plain old condos are the best thing to put in the CBD near our central train station, so I won't bother trying to change your minds.

...and etc. etc. to...

The little plaza is nice but it's at the bottom a condo that is an incredible waste of real estate.

There are piles of new hotels going in downtown: I hope tourism increases to the point where the hotels aren't all going under. The are a ton of office projects under construction or in planning: I'll be amazed if they even all go ahead.

What's so bad about a condo on this site? Uhhhh, nothing! There's nothing wrong with putting a big, well designed, skyscraping condo here! You go Tridel!!!

well designed

Oh, in that case, I take it all back!!!

edit - fine, I'll just post what everyone else does. In fact, I'll even bridge the divide between archi-geeks and archi-snobs a bit:

OMG, look at the cladding! It'll make our skyline so much better in postcards! That parking lot is an eyesore that must be developed right now...why wouldn't someone desire residential buildings near the central train station? If you disagree, not only are you dragging out tired/pathetic arguments, you're visually illiterate...this is well designed!!!

Back