Toronto 300 Front Street West | 156.05m | 49s | Tridel | Wallman Architects

I still think it's unwise for consumers to use the first year maintenance fees to assess affordability, because it's all up to the condo board after the building registers. I've experienced fees rising by 20% in only the second year after registration, and as I recall, that was considered very good when compared to most recent condos.

In my building's case, the reserve fund left by the developer was within requirements, but the accountant advised that we increase it to a more reasonable level (in order to cover things like the boiler, etc.).

MIXED USE BUILDING Proj: 9092318-6
Toronto, Metro Toronto Reg ON NEGOTIATED/WORKING DRAWINGS
300 Front St, John St, M5V 3B5
$160,000,000
Start: March, 2010 Complete: September, 2011
Note: Working drawings are nearing completion. Sales and marketing are ongoing. City Council site plan and zoning approvals are in place. Schedules for Invited sub trade tender and construction are expected early Spring, 2010 based on occupancy. Further update March, 2010.
Project: concrete foundation, structural steel frame, fuel fired heating system, proposed construction of a mixed use building. The project will include a 49 storey condominium building, above a 16-storey mixed use building with residential and commercial space. In the residential building the second to fourteenth floors will house residential units, with an amenity floor on the fifteenth floor. A pool and green space will be built on the roof. There will be 676 units total.
Scope: 700,000 square feet; 49 storeys; 2 storeys below grade; 676 units; parking for 791 cars
Development: New

http://www.dailycommercialnews.com/c...region=ontario

Last edited:
Regarding Ice, their booklet says "individually controlled heat pump and heating and cooling system" I assume the heating and cooling is included in the hydro bill?

BTW, there's central heating and a/c in common areas. That's given. I think they do control when the heating and a/c gets turned on. If the main switch isn't turned on, even if you turn a/c or heating in your suite, it won't turn on.

A heat pump uses electricity, so that will be part of your individual bill, year 'round. Maintenance for the building's part of the system as well as heating/cooling of the common areas will be part of your maintenance fees.

Heat pumps work differently from conventional heating systems. The advantage is that within your own unit, you can use heat in the summer and a/c in the winter if you choose - no waiting for the building to turn either system on, depending on season.

^$160 mil and 700,000 sq feet... wowser... these are almost major office tower type numbers.

Compare this to U2 at 55 storeys, 450,000 sq feet and a $49 mil price-tag.

you know those numbers can't be right ...
first, it's from dailycommercialnews;
second, it's saying it costs tridel more than 3x U2 to build only 55% more SF ?!?!

you know those numbers can't be right ...
first, it's from dailycommercialnews;
second, it's saying it costs tridel more than 3x U2 to build only 55% more SF ?!?!

As I stated last night in the Ryerson: Student Learning Ctr. thread I'd suggest we consider refraining from posting information from that site. Most posts from that website are inaccurate which leads to confusion and others trying to correct or fact check what comes out of dailycommercialnews.

As I stated last night in the Ryerson: Student Learning Ctr. thread I'd suggest we consider refraining from posting information from that site. Most posts from that website are inaccurate which leads to confusion and others trying to correct or fact check what comes out of dailycommercialnews.

The only way it's going to stop is if the mods crack down on it. The folks who keep posting it have shown no desire to stop.

The only way it's going to stop is if the mods crack down on it. The folks who keep posting it have shown no desire to stop.

Most posts from that website are inaccurate which leads to confusion and others trying to correct or fact check what comes out of dailycommercialnews.

Inaccurate...others trying to correct, Come on, its like the "the blind leading the blind"

Inaccurate...others trying to correct, Come on, its like the "the blind leading the blind"

So what benefit do the posts bring, beyond inflating your post count? Absolutely none.

And do you really think this forum is "the blind leading the blind"? That's pretty disrespectful to the folks here who provide a lot of useful knowledge and commentary.

And do you really think this forum is "the blind leading the blind"? That's pretty disrespectful to the folks here who provide a lot of useful knowledge and commentary.

Hey, I agree with the useful knowledge, and i by no means tend to disrespect the UT forum members......... but again when it comes to money figures, who really knows.

Hey, I agree with the useful knowledge, and i by no means tend to disrespect the UT forum members......... but again when it comes to money figures, who really knows.

There has been plenty of discussion regarding the information that comes from dailycommercialnews; number of parking levels, number of floors, cost and other anomalies. I mean no disrespect to Automation Gallery or anyone who quotes from there, it's only my opinion that we cull data from sources which are consistently accurate or at those we know to be more reliable.

There has been plenty of discussion regarding the information that comes from dailycommercialnews; number of parking levels, number of floors, cost and other anomalies. I mean no disrespect to Automation Gallery or anyone who quotes from there, it's only my opinion that we cull data from sources which are consistently accurate or at those we know to be more reliable.

Reports from that site still have some value. Whether or not the specific data provided in the reports is accurate is less important, in my opinion, than the indication that the projects are moving forward.

dt_toronto_geek has a valid point, and certainly Daily Commercial News has caused some confusion at times....but I'm with Ramako on this....along as the info is posted with a certain caveat, there should be no problem with providing....even if sometimes specific data is wrong, DCN does give an indication of where the project is headed, and approximate timeframes...

What is scary is how an industry publication can be so screwed up....:rolleyes:

I disagree. DCN's unreliability simple adds to the rumour mill and not in a fun way. I also find it unlikely the direction and timeframes to be any more accurate than the technical data itself. It has already been proven once with one sentence indicating "on hold" while another in the same paragraph indicated "going ahead". It adds nothing to UT except frustration when you open several threads hoping for an update and all you see is Reed Construction Data. It's spam.

Back