Vaughan 2966-2986 Hwy 7 | ?m | 40s | Zzen Group of Companies Limited | Graziani + Corazza

Looks like a 10 york ripoff

Zzen Group and Goldpark Group (Goldpark Homes) - own different parcels but each have one mimicing tower each.

Rendering from G+C's website.

01-Janeand7.jpg

Attachments

• 01-Janeand7.jpg
    01-Janeand7.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 1,515
Last edited by a moderator:
The renderings appear to show the two buildings situated along the north side of Highway 7 with a parkette on the NE corner of Jane and 7, which makes sense because that is where Black Creek runs. However, there are now signs posted, only on Jane Street 75 m north of 7, on a property on the other side of Black Creek , advertising this development as The Met and directing you to go to pureplaza.com, which is Plaza Corp's web site. This website shows no renderings I therefore thought these were two separate projects but I am informed by user marcus_a_j that they are the same. Can anyone corroborate that?

I haven't seen the signs advertising The Met, so I cannot confirm their location. Unless the signs are posted at the southeast corner of Jane/Portage Parkway, they would be for this location at Hwy 7. The majority of the land east of Jane to the proposed Maplecrete Rd extension north of Hwy 7 is designated as Open Space in the January 2013 revised VMC Secondary Plan and would not see any development save for this site and the SE corner of Jane/Portage.

Because Portage Parkway doesn't continue east of Jane I was hesitant to mention it earlier, but yes, the signs are at the SE 'corner' of Jane and Portage. I hope to have a photo of it posted this week. I looked at that official plan mapping the open space and I feel that one of the signs is on that parkland, but the other is definitely on the small yellow parcel at the SE 'corner' . So I am still not sure. One thought did cross my mind after you pointed out that it could be this Zenn development is that because of the Viva construction on Highway 7 they weren't allowed to put the signs there. Finally to add to the confusion both sites have signs advertising Weston Consulting, so they may be one in the same after all.

Why would it be on Jane/Portage Pwky if the project's address is 2966-86 Highway 7?

There is no question that the project that stsrted this thread is on Highway 7. I tried to start another thread about what I thought was a separate project called The Met by Plaza Corp but marcus_a_j felt I was talking about this one.

Finally I'm back with some evidence. I snapped the (grainy, sorry) photo while standing near the northwest corner of Portage and Jane. It shows the two square, red advertising signs. The other graphic shows an overhead view of where those two red signs are located and explains a few more of my observations. Indeed it looks like "The Met" by Plaza Corp is a separate project and a new thread should be created in the UT forums. Can I get more input from others on this?

TheMet.jpg

TheMetSigns.jpg

Attachments

• TheMet.jpg
    TheMet.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 1,333
  • TheMetSigns.jpg
    TheMetSigns.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 1,097
Last edited:
So this is my understanding of the area so far, feel free to correct me. I am struggling to understand where every development is located.

ffzPX4n.jpg

I am struggling to understand where every development is located.

I think you are accurate there, with the exception that the bus terminal will not be sitting directly over the tail tracks but rather on the west side of them. The latest renderings from Vaughan still show the tail tracks area as green space.

Dude, you have got to reveal your trick on how to force Google Earth to show such recent satellite images like you did there just now.

Found this:
http://goldparkhomes.com/soon.html
(click on the LUXURIOUS CONDO COMING SOON to Hwy 7 & Jane in Vaughan)

Thanks for finding that site. That's indeed the Zzen development, north side of Hwy 7 immediately west of the Expo City towers. Wow. It's been two and a half years since the first post of the rendering and nothing has changed, not even a shovel in the ground.

Incidentally, has anyone here created a legit forum thread for the MET development that I was talking about back in 2013 (above)? I'm not going to bother creating a forum thread myself because the last time I did it, specifically for the MET, it was soundly deleted without any attempt to contact me first to corroborate my claims. Once bitten, twice shy. Urban Toronto can be a weird place to hang out.

Back