Toronto 28 Eastern | 45.4m | 12s | Alterra | Teeple Architects

Taken 24 January.

IMG_6319.jpeg

Does anyone know why the 28 Eastern development has slowed, or even halted, over the past few months? I see other condos being constructed super fast, while this site sees almost no progress since last November. Not sure why that is?

Does anyone know why the 28 Eastern development has slowed, or even halted, over the past few months? I see other condos being constructed super fast, while this site sees almost no progress since last November. Not sure why that is?
I walk past quite often, there are crews on site - in fact someone was working about 2 hours ago.

Skeleton crew though, compared to other construction site.

They're moving along, admittedly the exterior progress isn't whip fast, but if you look, at the end of December they had 4-5 floors without cladding/glazing. In the most recent pics, roughly six weeks later, we're down to 2 floors w/o cladding and glazing.
So they're doing one floor every 10-14 days.

The building is already topped out, so you don't have the same number of structural crews present as when the building was actually rising, You have the crew doing the glazing/cladding and then interior finish/fit-out crews on the inside.

They're moving along, admittedly the exterior progress isn't whip fast, but if you look, at the end of December they had 4-5 floors without cladding/glazing. In the most recent pics, roughly six weeks later, we're down to 2 floors w/o cladding and glazing.
So they're doing one floor every 10-14 days.

The building is already topped out, so you don't have the same number of structural crews present as when the building was actually rising, You have the crew doing the glazing/cladding and then interior finish/fit-out crews on the inside.
Some of our occupancy is scheduled for next summer. I think there's a reason why they slowed the construction.

Some of our occupancy is scheduled for next summer. I think there's a reason why they slowed the construction.
Clearly, if occupancy is only 'promised' for later, a developer will not be putting workers on overtime to finish faster than planned. As @NorthernLight said, it looks as though it is moving head at a steady pace - and actually looks pretty good to me.

Cladding almost done. I noticed today that King East just north of here has totally transformed into foodie land just in time for the residents to move in this summer. I hope that one of the two retail spaces is for something practical like a Rabba or maybe Shoppers. Taken 29 February.

IMG_7784.jpeg

IMG_7785.jpeg

Back