Toronto 250 Dundas West | 164.58m | 49s | Dream Office | IBI Group

Here it it at full height:

uSVgDAJ.png

Koops you forgot this just west...haha, sorry buddy but i just love your work
292 Dundas West | 127m | 38s | Tribute Communities | Graziani + Corazza
https://urbantoronto.ca/forum/threa...s-tribute-communities-graziani-corazza.27677/
292 dundas.PNG

Attachments

• 292 dundas.PNG
    292 dundas.PNG
    465.8 KB · Views: 1,762
Last edited:
Hey it's all good. I'm glad you caught that. I'll fix it shortly. I even have a drawing of that tower, although from everything I've heard, it'll never get built as is...

So looking at this project, the Grid, 411 Church, Halo and 55 Charles East, I guess P+S/IBI producing better looking designs than aA is a thing now. Might be some kind of Face/Off scenario going on.

Last edited:
I wouldn't give anyone an advantage. They are all meh. aA has proven itself time and time again to execute these designs with cheap window wall. How do you think the will look when the builder switches to window wall and IBI has the vision to put a bathroom or closet abutting the exterior facade?

Agreed.

I'm reminded about all the unnecessary tumescence surrounding the non-building at 217 Adelaide. The real skill in condo architecture isn't so much dreaming up amazing things in SketchUp, it's being able to translate those things to reality in an aesthetically pleasing and cost effective way. P+S/IBI certainly have some buildings which do this competently, but even if they aren't all architectural "stunners", aA's track record of realizing things is essentially unmatched.

A rental near OCAD will be awesome. Height seems to work pretty well with the taller towers going up around Dundas/University.

Request for Interim Directions Report: https://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/mmis/2018/te/bgrd/backgroundfile-117209.pdf
This report responds to an application where staff are currently not in a position to provide a Final Report to Council, but which could be appealed to the Local Planning Appeal Tribunal (LPAT) due to a lack of decision during the break in Council's meeting schedule (July to December 2018).

[...]

A Community Consultation Meeting is anticipated to be held in the fourth quarter of 2018. A Final Report will be submitted for Council's consideration following community consultation, the resolution of outstanding issues related to this application and the holding of a statutory Public Meeting under the Planning Act. The target timeline for the Final Report is anticipated to be the second quarter of 2019.

The proposed development is currently not consistent with the Provincial Policy Statement (2014) and does not conform with the Growth Plan for the Greater Golden Horseshoe (2017).

Issues to be resolved, as outlined in this report, include use mix, height, massing and density. Additional issues may be identified through the continued review of the application, agency comments and the community consultation process.

So looking at this project, the Grid, 411 Church, Halo and 55 Charles East, I guess P+S/IBI producing better looking designs than aA is a thing now. Might be some kind of Face/Off scenario going on.

GRID and 411 Church still lack the quality of detailing that you see in most aA projects. Even a firm like KPMB that does a lot of incredible work seems to lack interesting detailing on their large-scale residential projects. It seems like aA is still unmatched in this regard, apart from Hariri Pontarini.

Back