Toronto 2150 Lake Shore | 215.75m | 67s | First Capital | Allies and Morrison

For anyone who is looking for the changes made to proposed building massing I would refer you to pages 36-39 of the first of the two OPA Planning Rationale documents.

EDIT: Some further detail from pages ~ 232 -260 of the second document.

Last edited:
Project community engagement website. They've also started marketing on Instagram.

VIRTUAL TOWN HALL

First Capital is hosting a Virtual Town Hall on Thursday, May 28th, 2020. Join us for:
  • A presentation on the revised Master Plan and key upgrades delivering community benefits
  • An update on the transportation and mobility plans for 2150 Lake Shore Blvd. W
  • A live Q&A and update on the planning process
Stay tuned – more information and a link to the Virtual Town Hall will be provided prior to the meeting.

Transit hub needs to come first before ANYTHING else here

Agreed. If I read the materials properly in a quick first scan, the GO Station, transit plaza and relief road are all in phase one. Still, phase one itself will have to be spread out over a period of time. You are right that these facilities need to be addressed first within that process, IMO. Don’t build the phase one towers and then eventually get around to the Transit facilities!

Edit: on further reading, although the station square itself is in phase one, about two thirds of the transit loop road, Street B, that leads to the square, is in phase two. I don’t like that, if accurate.

Last edited:
FYI - the developers are going to conduct a virtual town hall on May 28. Check out the project's website.

For someone who knows more about this project than myself - is the City/TTC planning to move the Humber loop to this development? I ask, because in my opinion it's the lowest hanging fruit to improve transit in Humber Bay Shores.

Anecdotally, last time when I visited the city, just before the COVID situation, I must have been waiting around 30-45 minutes for a streetcar just to take me from Park Lawn to Humber Loop, then another 5 or 10 minute wait. I can't imagine having to make that transfer daily, especially in the cold winter months, so moving the Humber Loop a few blocks further west to eliminate that seems like an obvious improvement.
Yes, the Humber Loop will move into the site. I even wonder if they should make Humber Loop the marketing name for the site. Or Humber Bay, dropping the Shores for this side of Lake Shore. I'd also say the GO station should also be called Humber Loop or Humber Bay, and not Park Lawn: most GO stations take the area name, not the street name.

Yes, the Humber Loop will move into the site. I even wonder if they should make Humber Loop the marketing name for the site. Or Humber Bay, dropping the Shores for this side of Lake Shore. I'd also say the GO station should also be called Humber Loop or Humber Bay, and not Park Lawn: most GO stations take the area name, not the street name.

I'm sure the consultants working with Metrolinx are thinking the complete opposite of what's on your mind right now. They tend to come up with ideas out of the blue, more than half of which make no sense.

A quick zoom-in and flyover:

Toronto Model 05-23-20 Humber Bay.png

Hell yes!! So cool to see a Humber Bay Shores/Etobicoke model — thank you for this! Really gives a sense of what it will be like that renderings from strange angles can't. What an impact these will make. I like the heights, they seem complimentary with what's there and the staggered massing is cool, makes it feel much more dynamic than if everything was in a row.

The virtual town hall for this project was last night. A recording will be posted on their engagement website soon:

The virtual town hall for this project was last night. A recording will be posted on their engagement website soon:

it's up... missed it after the crazy last few days lol

I'd never thought I would say this but it looks like First Capital's planning ability, is better than what the city's own Planning Department has been spewing out over the years. Although i'm not thrilled with all the proposed density, i'm thoroughly impressed with the amount of thought and rigorous attention to detail they've put in this plan.

I wish we could redo the entire south side development on Lake Shore all over again.

Future Park Lawn GO Station would serve 5,000 customers a day

June 16, 2020

Metrolinx released an analysis on Thursday on a future Park Lawn GO Station in south Etobicoke, indicating nearly 5,000 local residents would take it daily.

The updated Initial Business Case (IBC) is a “promising next step” in the development of the future GO station, subject to necessary approvals and agreements, Metrolinx spokesperson Scott Money said.

“There is a strong case for moving forward with transit projects like a new Park Lawn GO station, as we look to the future state of transit in the region,” Money said in an email. “We are in need of increased capacity in response to demand, relief to current congestion, and expansion to provide additional travel options for people in the GTA.”

The updated business case analysis assumed a future Park Lawn GO station would be under construction from 2021 to 2024, when it would open. The 27-page report also assumed a 60-year life cycle for the future GO station.

-------------

First Capital Realty, owners of the former Mr. Christie site at 2150 Lake Shore Blvd. W., have expressed interest in delivering the station as part of its mixed-use development proposal to build 15 towers ranging from 22 to 71 storeys.

The report indicated it expects to see a “high proportion of ridership” coming from the development.

The report also makes clear it considers integration of a future Park Lawn GO station within First Capital’s development.

“Outside of the TOC (Transit Oriented Communities) Program, Metrolinx has no existing plans to fund or construct the station,” the report stated.

Ulrich said the Humber Bay Shores Residents Association’s strongest focus is on the Christie lands.

“Those lands have the potential to make or break this community,” Ulrich said. “So far, at a high level, what we’ve seen proposed will be a benefit to the community as long as it materializes. This area has a lot of young families. We need a school. We need daycares.”

Back