Toronto 1Thousand Bay | 104.85m | 32s | Cresford | a—A

I'm kinda hoping for a brutalist revival on Bay Street before it turns into a glass wall festival
rk4fw1u.jpg

2tTtgau.jpg

8dYCAmO.jpg

O6fQVAg.jpg

The south tower is a bit Felix Ungar to the north tower's Oscar Madison. Would have liked to see a small shimmy in Felix, but it's okay - I'm glad Oscar keeps his dishevelled manner. It is more exciting and the contrast keeps it lively.

It was difficult to tell how this was going to turn out with just the nighttime renderings, but the materials look high-quality. Great addition to Bay!

Have you seen either in person? 1thousand bay is turning out great but the black on INDX is more striking. Perhaps not as reflective but definitely more striking as far as colour intensity. The recessed rectangle black portions on INDX are actually a very dark purple which doesn't translate in photos usually.

I do think this is looking great though the offset floor balconies are an awesome touch.

Last edited:
Actually, curtain wall is only used on the 2nd and 3rd floors on the front of the building.
The rest of the building is window wall which makes sense as the entire building has wrap around balconies.

Back