Toronto 1Thousand Bay | 104.85m | 32s | Cresford | a—A

Wasn't the design review panel established to review banal sh** like exactly like this? The last thing Bay Street needs is another cheap suburban Scarboro town Centre eyesore.

Last edited:
I don't know why it offends you so much.

From the small render we've seen so far, I think it looks sharp.

I'm with SP!RE on this one. From the small image we have, I rather like it. I would want to see better images from various angles before making up my mind, though.

Ahhh. More of that good ole "We're Toronto, we'll accept anything thrown at us, as long as it's 'okay' looking" attitude. Ugh!!!

What exactly is wrong with looking at a project realistically? I would say your response is the type keeping the city from reaching it's full potential. That doesn't mean we shouldn't strive for excellence when the opportunity arises but the, self-defecating attitude is just another symtom of the underlying insecurties of this city. UGH!!

Last edited:
What exactly is wrong with looking at a project realistically? I would say your response is the type keeping the city from reaching it's full potential. That doesn't mean we shouldn't strive for excellence when the opportunity arises but the, self-defecating attitude is just another symtom of the underlying insecurties of this city. UGH!!

^Self-defecating???!!!???!!!

Who else do you want defecating for you?

ROFLMAO

Based on the rendering ... I rather like the design ... I'll reserve full judgement and to see how it will REALLY turn out ~

The two corners across Bay are occupied by two SUPER UGLY buildings. And Bay is pretty much a disaster in those parts. I guess I was pinning hopes on that lot to lift the atmosphere of the whole street up. Massing -wise, I think a tall, super-skinny tower could('ve) be(en) a good fit here.

Back