Toronto 180 Wellington West | ?m | 12s | Stantec

Pics taken July 12, 2013

lAP4rgf.jpg

sCrNXPd.jpg

ROFbtzB.jpg

rRtVFZR.jpg

So they managed to make an existing building even worse. Even some colour/tonal differences would have prevented this from happening.

I like that the cladding turns the corner in that top pic, giving the illusion of some serious depth to the material.

Otherwise… we certainly have cornered the market on gray in this city.

There is a lot to dislike about this building (as there was, really, before).....one real positive (IMO), though, is how the building now meets the street on Wellington.

Previously it was a very forbidding looking vault-like structure that was not at all street friendly. At least, now, there is a semblance of a welcoming lobby and a ground floor which looks like it will have some activity in it that will be evident from the street.

There is a lot to dislike about this building (as there was, really, before).....one real positive (IMO), though, is how the building now meets the street on Wellington.

Previously it was a very forbidding looking vault-like structure that was not at all street friendly. At least, now, there is a semblance of a welcoming lobby and a ground floor which looks like it will have some activity in it that will be evident from the street.

Looks like the lobby eatery is a Tim Horton's nothing animates a street in Canada better than a timmies ;)

simcoe frontage is still crap, though all the crappy sidewalks on simcoe got replaced in the last couple of days, so even simcoe has a bit of an improvement.

What a waste! What were they thinking: Ok we have an all-brown drab outdated building, so let's rip it all off and start fresh! Yeah! Let's do it.
I know, let's recover it in dull drab gray tiles, with a hint other gray - for more grayness. Adding some black along the entranceway. Surely, in 20 years time, they will look back at our work and say My, those Torontonians and their forward-thinking all-gray buildings! Ahead of their time.

Their children will sing songs of praise.

Even a 1st year design student would have had better ideas! This building disgusts me. :mad:

Back