Toronto 180 Wellington West | ?m | 12s | Stantec

I will have to say: that justaposition of glass curtain and brick party wall has an inadvertently "50s spec office building" quality to it--maybe it would have been even more so if the party wall were of green or yellow glazed brick or something

I think they've ruined it.:(

20121013161718.jpg

You are right: they have actually made us appreciate the ugliness of the old façade. This is quite the accomplishment.

I think if they'd proposed this instead of the render, it never would have made it past the design review panel.

This is banality at its most hideous.

Looks even worse in person. I really hope the Delta Chelsea reno doesn't turn out like this.

The top portion is taking much longer than I expected. I wonder if they will finish it with different coloured glass (maybe white to match the rendering?)

20121215161007.jpg

Still not too much progress on front. The snow helped me notice holes in the brick wall. Maybe they will reclad that section afterall?

20121227163146.jpg

20121227164255.jpg

Still not too much progress on front. The snow helped me notice holes in the brick wall. Maybe they will reclad that section afterall?

Looks like it.
They haven't clad the vertical strip next to the corner - likely to coordinate the corner as a whole (both west and north sides).

It was bad before, and it's bad now, only in a different way. It will probably be much nicer inside, what with the much larger windows. There, I said something positive about it.

Back