1629965534740.png

1629965560532.png

1629965604083.png

1629965887124.png

1629965913374.png

1629965973457.png

1629965996246.png

Last edited:
None of this is my favourite. But if we’re going to basically expect new transit to only be subway stops far apart or new go stops then huge towers beside them is inevitable.

None of this is my favourite. But if we’re going to basically expect new transit to only be subway stops far apart or new go stops then huge towers beside them is inevitable.

The height is not the problem here.

The architecture is most certainly a problem.

So is the Site Plan as far as I'm concerned.

The Park is arranged into two less than functional wedges abutting the new road.

The massing up against St. Clair makes the proposal more overbearing than it needs to be.

The height is not the problem here.

The architecture is most certainly a problem.

So is the Site Plan as far as I'm concerned.

The Park is arranged into two less than functional wedges abutting the new road.

The massing up against St. Clair makes the proposal more overbearing than it needs to be.
Those are fair complaints.

I have been hearing more and more nimby complaints about tall buildings around mass transit stops and I made an assumption that this was more the complaint. It will be interesting to hear the complaints out of Scarborough when finally they see development along the extension.

Lol this is an absolute waking disaster. Get this trash back into the dumpster where it belongs.

As i've mentioned before i've already got issues with the density, and now they want to provide all the density through garbage like this? Hard no.

Lol this is an absolute waking disaster. Get this trash back into the dumpster where it belongs.

As i've mentioned before i've already got issues with the density, and now they want to provide all the density through garbage like this? Hard no.
Better call your favourite real estate agent.

IBI is so weird

on one hand they are clearly capable of executing good projects (their fitzrovia towers on Dufferin look great! So does Axis)

but on the other hand they routinely churn out crap like this?
It's more to do with the budget the developer gives them, no?

I guess IBI stands for Irritable Bowel Inflammation?

The St. Clair frontage looks overbearing and generic. But what's really concerning is how phase 2 basically ignores the Davenport Road extension. The building doesn't align with the future street.

They just filled out the extra space they were left with with parkland in a rather uninspired manner. Davenport will be the street that residents use to get to the GO/Smart Track station. It can't be treated as an afterthought.

Back