Toronto 160 Front West | 239.87m | 46s | Cadillac Fairview | AS + GG

Courtesy CN Tower EarthCam: https://www.earthcam.com/world/canada/toronto/cntower/

160Front.png

This tower is freaking awesome!!! This building and CIBC raise the bar.. I expect to see some more top notch proposals in coming years. The design quality everyone is craving IS starting to happen in Toronto.
Funny enough is that toronto seems to build amazing office buildings but sh*t the bed with residential towers.

The design quality everyone is craving IS starting to happen in Toronto.
Funny enough is that toronto seems to build amazing office buildings but sh*t the bed with residential towers.

Could argue residential towers are also rising in quality with 19 Duncan, The One, Sky Tower, Forma coming in hot.

I would also assert the low to mid-rise buildings are even further ahead. Canary Landing, Waterworks, Ace Hotel are great examples and others like KING Toronto or Aqualuna, if the finishes pan out, would be worthy of design praise.

Could argue residential towers are also rising in quality with 19 Duncan, The One, Sky Tower, Forma coming in hot.

I would also assert the low to mid-rise buildings are even further ahead. Canary Landing, Waterworks, Ace Hotel are great examples and others like KING Toronto or Aqualuna, if the finishes pan out, would be worthy of design praise.

Not to get off topic, but the problem is that there are already so many shit ones, it's going to take a long time for the good ones to off-set all the bad ones. Especially near the water front and Skydome area.

Last edited:

Back