Toronto 159SW Condos | 118.87m | 36s | Alterra | Richmond Architects

Obviously 8 condo units with an average size of just over 900 sq/ft each are worth much more than $800,000. I don't know why the city staff would deliberately understate the value of the units.

read the report please, people. the developer is GETTING PAID $250/sf for these units by H for H. he is not giving them away for free. for those of you in the know, the cost to construct these units will be around $250/sf (this is what the city has deemed the cost to be), though in reality it will end up costing much less to build most likely.

the $800,000 is to be paid only if H for H chooses not to purchase the units from the developer (for $250/sf).

While this is technically true, as a councillor, she also makes decisions that influence the entire city. I've contacted her about her insistence of getting rid of the OMB in Toronto, for example. She absolutely will not respond. Adam Vaughn, on the other hand, almost always responds. Out of curiosity, how long has it been since you left Toronto?

I write emails to Councillors McConnell and Vaughan and attend their meetings (more McConnell) even though I am not in their Wards, I also write the "Mayor". Anyone can write or otherwise contact whoever they want. I wrote an email supporting this project and my reasons for doing so before I saw a staff report or learned of planning issues and I got a response back from one of KWT's staff. I don't phone, I think a letter or email is more efficient.

As an aside, how the hell does 900 sq ft = 3 bedrooms??

900-1000 sq. ft. for 3 bedrooms is ridiculous but not uncommon at all except in luxury buildings (Shangri-la etc.) so it's not unique to 159 Wellesley E.

Last edited:
Application: Zoning Review Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON M4Y 1J4

Ward 27: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 13 235162 ZPR 00 ZR Accepted Date: Sep 13, 2013

Project: Apartment Building Other Proposal

Description: Proposal to allow 50 parking spaces located within the existing underground parking garage on the lot to be used exclusively by the residents of a future apartment building to be constructed on the adjacent property at 159 Wellesley St E.

Anyone heard anything new?

There are some rumours that Diamondcorp might flip this project, now that the soil is "cleaned up".

900-1000 sq. ft. for 3 bedrooms is ridiculous but not uncommon at all except in luxury buildings (Shangri-la etc.) so it's not unique to 159 Wellesley E.

yes, the two bed, two bath units at 50 Wellesley have 710sf. 900sf for a three bedroom is just normal in today's market.

For Sale!

159wellsleyj14.jpg

Attachments

• 159wellsleyj14.jpg
    159wellsleyj14.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 1,599
A crew has been on site doing soil testing for the last week. Conditional sale? Or are they trying to make the listing more appealing by attaching the presumably positive results?

Sold to whom? If there is going to be parking under star lite next door would it be them building another rental?

attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    750.9 KB · Views: 916
do you know their plans for it? I live very close by and would love to see nearly anything happen with the space. Makes the corner feel dreary which is too bad since I feel like the area has improved a lot over the last little while, particularly north of the intersection.

Back