Toronto 155 Cumberland and 130 Bloor Street West | 88.69m | 21s | KingSett Capital | BDP Quadrangle

Another very unfortunate upwards addition was inflicted upon that lovely older building on the north side of Front Street just west of the Hockey Hall of Fame when something bronze and ungainly was plopped on top. I also have a niggling feeling that the dour Bell Canada building at Temperance and Sheppard had an upward addition at some point.

What a horrendous proposal. The Hong Kong comparison is bang-on sadly.

130 Bloor Street West Renovation Project

not sure this has been brought up before...
from the PCL website

Owner
130 Bloor KS Inc.
Prime Consultant
Quadrangle Architects Limited

This project consists of reinforcing the structural steel core of an occupied 14-storey building, thereby providing capacity to add 6 new residential floors. Existing floors 11 and 12 will be converted from office to residential. The current two-storey residential penthouse on levels 13 and 14 will remain. The 6 new levels that are being added will include shell space for 9 new residential suites. The new levels will be made up of structural steel with concrete on metal deck. The envelope will consist of a combination of curtain wall and limestone. The existing elevators within the building will be replaced and reconfigured to serve the new levels. Mechanical heating and cooling systems will be replaced with the existing distribution systems being reefed. Current electrical supply will be upgraded to a high voltage feed with new distribution being provided throughout the building. The ground floor will be reconfigured to provide additional retail space.

0900352_1_300.jpg

And there was an older thread too.
This is built around the Torno penthouse, by Philip Johnson

5 years from now...

Yorkville will have this gorgeous project complete, MuseumHouse will be done, as well as 77 Charles, Minto on Charles, 28 St. Thomas, 100 Yorkville, the Four Seasons, 1 Bedford, 1 St. Thomas will be long-lived in, Bloor Street itself will be refurbished, maybe even Cumberland Terrace will be in mid-redevelopment (please please please!!!!).

The area will be quite an amazing pot o'gold (and as it's just northwest of Church-Wellesley, I suppose it is at the end of the rainbow.)

Even ugly stepsister Regency will be hanging out at the party.

^ With fewer prime lots still available for redevelopment where will future growth/intensification be destined in the Yorkville area?

I'm thinking North along Avenue Road would be a natural progression as well as a complete overhaul of the block south of Four Seasons/18 Yorkville and north of CIBC/Cummberland Terrace. Should be interesting watching this high-end midtown node continue to grow in the future.

Maybe those in power at the old Four Seasons will now be encouraged to reface their old building to something a little less concrete-ish.

Maybe those in power at the old Four Seasons will now be encouraged to reface their old building to something a little less concrete-ish.

I like the old Four Seasons in all its concrete glory. - It's still very chic even if its not the most beautiful hotel.

And the driveway is a place of lore at the TIFF.....

5 years from now...

Yorkville will have this gorgeous project complete, MuseumHouse will be done, as well as 77 Charles, Minto on Charles, 28 St. Thomas, 100 Yorkville, the Four Seasons, 1 Bedford, 1 St. Thomas will be long-lived in, Bloor Street itself will be refurbished, maybe even Cumberland Terrace will be in mid-redevelopment (please please please!!!!).

Yes the Cumberland Terrace redevelopment will be nice. And you know that plans have got to be in the works to redevelop this mall. - I will likely be an outdoor mall with a deep moat.....thats what I am thinking anyway. Or an outdoor mall on top - with indoor mall with skylights below and park on top as well.

Demand will warrent its redevelopment once Four Seasons is complete. I mean i just paid 17 Million dollars for my condo what is this beast doing across the street.

Where would i donate my $10 million too?

Why to the TTC to create an entrance on Cumberland truly worthy of its location. Something modern, timeless and creative. A destination not an eyesore.

I'm liking that Tourno building conversion: could see myself living there...someday.

If I recall correctly, the original plan for the park there included replacing the subway entrance with a great glass beetle carapace in keeping with the "collection" theme. But the money ran out, quite possibly due in part to the struggle they had putting the big rock back together.

I think there's a more current plan to redo it, but I can't put my finger on it.

Yes the Cumberland Terrace redevelopment will be nice. And you know that plans have got to be in the works to redevelop this mall. - It will likely be an outdoor mall with a deep moat.....thats what I am thinking anyway.
Beaumaris_Castle_and_Moat.jpg

Back