Toronto 155 Cumberland and 130 Bloor Street West | 88.69m | 21s | KingSett Capital | BDP Quadrangle

Wow now the city wants to have a say on what work can be done on the inside of a private residence, i agree on the exterior of historical significant buildings but inside a private residence i don't agree with, if the city thinks it's so historic then buy it so that the city can open a museum for people to see this historical gem.

Rich people problems. At a time of global pandemic and immense suffering, this is nauseatingly elitist and tone deaf. Architects and their hangers-on, the critics, do themselves no favours by indulging in the dead-end distractions of an infinitesimally small and incestuous subgroup of privileged "tastemakers." Bringing up Johnson's Nazi sympathies doesn't lend this nonsense any more relevance or potency.
From the article:
“The retired co-founder of wealth management firm Gluskin Sheff, he started his career as an architect, and the couple has a long record as design patrons and philanthropists.”

Please tell us all about your philanthropic activities. We’ll be waiting.

From the article:
“The retired co-founder of wealth management firm Gluskin Sheff, he started his career as an architect, and the couple has a long record as design patrons and philanthropists.”

My latest philanthropic endeavour is sparing the world from having to listen to my multimillion dollar penthouse renovation woes.

From the article:

Spending tens of millions of dollars on a friggin' penthouse then jerking off over its re-do is self-philanthropy. Oh, and then using privileged media access based on wealth for self-serving press coverage from a compliant architecture critic, bitching to him about not getting your way, all during a devastating pandemic. Yeah, real philanthropic. Barf.

Last edited:
Harry Rosen are moving their flagship Yorkville store to 153 Cumberland St, which is set to open in 2026:

hrosen.JPG

Apologies to the Rosen clan, but I preferred the site w/the Cumberland arthouse cinema on it.

Back