News   Jul 12, 2024
 801     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 730     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 306     0 

1233 Queen East | ?m | 8s

There might be a delay on the new trains, as of now the new section is closed. The walls and floors are so bad that they have to be redone. The whole project was a mess from the start.

The new section was built so the new trains can be serviced, it was built by an outside contractor

nice to see our tax dollars being put to such great use....NOT.... tats the potential side effect for paying the lowest bidder... wat a joke

I think Agram is refering to the new complex at wilson yard, that it was done incorrectly.

It is my understanding that the entire train will be articulated, with train controls at each end. It is in contrast to the current train of 3 married pairs, with train controls on each end of a married pair, or about 6 train controls per train. Removing 4 train control cabins should result in more space for passengers. However, I can see a problem.

If a train is disabled, they isolate the problem cars and could run the train from one of the other train controls. While most likely not done, they could run the current train from any of the 6 controls. With the new trains, they could only run the train from one of the two controls. Unless there are controls hidden away that we don't know about, that can run a single isolated separated car, if they had to. Can each isolated car on the new trains run/move separately for maintenance purposes?

My understanding is that when one refers to 'contractors' it has to do with the construction industry, not the manufacturing industry. I don't think Agram is talking about the TR cars themselves.

If the idea with the new TR trains is to run only TR on YUS and T1 on BD, why doesn't the TTC run only T1 on YUS today? The T1 trains unload and load faster due to the wider doors, so why don't they reserve enough T1s for YUS now? It seems that over the past half dozen years, the number of T1 trains on YUS has actually decreased.

The T1 fleet has been split between YUS and BD line evenly. Since the YUS line is a harder line on the trains it only reasons more to put the new trains there to test them out.

Yeyy

I foud a picture and article in the TTC coupler of the new TTC subway cars the whole train !!!! :);):eek::D

how do you add photos it wont work!
!!

Last edited:
I foud a picture and article in the TTC coupler of the new TTC subway cars the whole train !!!! :);):eek::D

how do you add photos it wont work!
!!

So...what are you waiting for, just give us the link! Does it show any pics of the inside? Maybe even the LCD monitors? Hmmmm????

He posted someone's facebook profile that included pictures of the train on the test track.

Right click on the picture, click copy link location (which should end in .jpg) and place it in

Back