News   Jul 12, 2024
 754     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 691     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 301     0 

1233 Queen East | ?m | 8s

"Because the bankruptcy is considered beyond Bombardier’s control, the company won’t be penalized for the delay"

Surely vendor selection is fully in the control of Bombardier. If they have failed to do due-diligence in the selection of vendors, then surely there should be some financial penalty - even if only a delay in payments to match the delay in delivery.

Sigh... nothing to say really...

But loving the two pics posted

54874c704ab280f03368cc57025e.jpeg

8337545e435da5e4c26490ea50b0.jpeg

TTC12: I think the new TTC Rocket cars are interesting but that front end is a face only a mother can love-it just does not go well with the boxy carbodies!
A modern "face" for these cars is a smart idea but this one just does not do it for me...LI MIKE

FYI, the Star is incorrect, that is not the test track in Kingston, that is in Thunder Bay. I can see the unused trucks along the dual test track, hydro pole, and steps along the rails where I normally walk along the CN sub which I've become quite familiar with these past 6 months. I have sent in an error report to them, but no correction as of yet.

We still are not ready to accept the new trains so no harm done, by the look of those pictures I see Bombardier still hasnt fixed the exit ladder from the cab. As you can see when you walk out of the cab you can not see the ladder at all which is an accident waiting to happen. We are also having some serious issues with the auxiliry bugs in the Carhouse, they suck and do not work properly.

Last edited:
my predictions stands, service in spring 2011 is the most probable now. thanks for the updates though!

Today in the morning there were 3 employees training a new guy on a T1, I was sitting beside them and heard that the trains wouldn't make there until fall, which follows the current news thats going aroud, but one of the supervisors said if everything went well, then the first ones would be in revenue service in late November to December.

TTC12: I think the new TTC Rocket cars are interesting but that front end is a face only a mother can love-it just does not go well with the boxy carbodies!
A modern "face" for these cars is a smart idea but this one just does not do it for me...LI MIKE

I rather like the face, but it looks a bit strange with such a small bumper under the lights. If they extended the bumper down a little bit more, I think it would look much better.

I rather like the face, but it looks a bit strange with such a small bumper under the lights. If they extended the bumper down a little bit more, I think it would look much better.

ya they should have a skirt covering the exposed bottom of the train like the MTR SP1900

hongkong_sp1900.jpg

or just the front, like this but without the coupler, and keep "smile train" look... just kidding but seriously the bottom of the TR looks like it is missing something.

seibu30000.jpg

Last edited:
To prevent damage when the trains are parked tightly in the yard the aero noses above would not work for us. Couplers are needed in case we have disabled trains on the main line and need to couple up to a good train. It is called an anti climber not a bumper and can not be lovered as it is at floor lovel.

You're right about that one, Mike. It reminds me of an 80s movie robot face.

For some reason the TR looks like a toy train to me, and it's not just the face, it's the whole exterior. Perhaps I'm just so used to seeing grimy dirty trains?

To prevent damage when the trains are parked tightly in the yard the aero noses above would not work for us. Couplers are needed in case we have disabled trains on the main line and need to couple up to a good train. It is called an anti climber not a bumper and can not be lovered as it is at floor lovel.
I'm pretty sure trains in HK and Japan are parked more tightly than in Toronto.

There are also many ways to "cover up" as much of the bottom as possible even while leaving the coupler out, such as
TCL.JPG

(MTR K-stock)
or
BT-3755-Metro_Shenzhen.jpg

(Shenzhen Movia stock, the family of which is the basis of the TR's design)

It's nice to see Toronto has caught up to the Seoul system circa 2000. Oh well. If the Seoul system is any indication, the ability to walk between cars means:

1) you can quickly access hundreds of captured riders
2) those riders can then be preached to or have crap peddled to

I dunno. Watch for subway preachers and trinket peddlers working the Toronto system in the near future.

Back