Toronto 12° / 12 Degrees Condos | 35.66m | 11s | BSäR Group | Core Architects

2PsOe7b.jpg

Gnhs2qp.jpg

CytNeaz.jpg

TFgVdBq.jpg

Gqs9C7B.jpg

It is 100% intentional. Look at the material used itself and you will see that it is not possible to lay it evenly because each piece of the high end "brick" (stone) being used is unique. You are just not used to seeing real material with its inherent character preserved being used. this is what happens when you get comfortable in the pre-cast red brick world of Toronto. I am glad to see someone trying to class this place up. i would live here if I could afford to. One of the best buildings int he city without question.

It is 100% intentional. Look at the material used itself and you will see that it is not possible to lay it evenly because each piece of the high end "brick" (stone) being used is unique. You are just not used to seeing real material with its inherent character preserved being used. this is what happens when you get comfortable in the pre-cast red brick world of Toronto. I am glad to see someone trying to class this place up. i would live here if I could afford to. One of the best buildings int he city without question.

Not talking about the stone work above, I was talking about the brick work on the previous page and no, it's not intentional...

Not talking about the stone work above, I was talking about the brick work on the previous page and no, it's not intentional...
Go Have a look at the brick itself and yes it is intentional. 1000%

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw the stonework in person. Its really quite nice and certainly is a step above the use of (black) brick.

I am not quite sure if the rest of building is turning out to be success though.

Custom homes have ruined this look for me. Nothing worst than a house with an engineered, split face facade in the front with a lighter coloured stucco finish for the sides. The black brick, on the other hand, is synonymous to downtown infill.

Good mood + good lighting + good weather = me like

wIKem0Z.jpg

What would Frank Gehry say?

=Today, 12:09Designerguy

Go Have a look at the brick itself and yes it is intentional. 1000%

So you believe that this brick work is intentional? So having all those vents not straight is part of the overall design and special details?? As I mentioned before, I have done the masonry work both stone and brick on many custom homes over the years and there is no way that brick work was intentionally laid to look crooked! Any decent Mason will say the same....

^^^ I totally agree too. The stone looks good, but the brick is just very sloppy.
I have seen rough brick laid elsewhere and any qualified bricklayer should be able to lay each row in a straight line as it should be.
Not only the bricks are not level vertically, but they are also laid slightly askew creating a buckled and uneven appearance of the surface. It's not the brick that is doing this as it appears to be pretty flat.
It looks particularly bad in sunlight where the shadowing emphasizes the uneven and irregular surface.

If this was supposed to be intentional than why are parts of the wall is more wavy and uneven than others?
Luckily there is not much brick used here and not on a prominent part of the building.

Brick Type

^^^ I totally agree too. The stone looks good, but the brick is just very sloppy.
I have seen rough brick laid elsewhere and any qualified bricklayer should be able to lay each row in a straight line as it should be.
Not only the bricks are not level vertically, but they are also laid slightly askew creating a buckled and uneven appearance of the surface. It's not the brick that is doing this as it appears to be pretty flat.
It looks particularly bad in sunlight where the shadowing emphasizes the uneven and irregular surface.

If this was supposed to be intentional than why are parts of the wall is more wavy and uneven than others?
Luckily there is not much brick used here and not on a prominent part of the building.

You can't lay brick that is irregular by nature straight. Every row will be different by definition. The placement of the venting will be affected.

Back