Hamilton 11 Robert Street | 19m | 6s | Yoke Group | Lintack Architects

I'll take 10,000 of these in Toronto alone on our residential side streets in the next 10 years (and with an emphasis on spacious unit sizes). We're not a small city of 200,000 anymore to have a few main streets with density and then endless streets of single family houses. Yet that's how the city is seemingly planned.
This is really appropriate density for every single neighbourhood in my mind. Throwing a few of these in everywhere would help a lot, in addition having the commercial unit on the first floor could mean a dentist office here, pharmacy there, cafe around the corner, and a small grocer another street over. Many driving trips could be replaced with a 5 minute walk.

Some pics of the spray foam insulation on the exterior and the bricks that are on site. Today:
PXL_20231114_205802687.jpg
PXL_20231114_205843187.jpg

I'm surprised by how long this took. I haven't been watching it every day obviously but it seems they haven't used the crane for months. Similar situation over at the Augusta block.

Unless they own the crane, seems like a costly thing to continue renting? I'm not sure I know the ins and outs though.

Think I prefer that metal post (now wrapped back to building in green ) to have been left open (sort of blocks view from rooms for no real purpose)..

Last edited:

Back