Toronto 101 Spadina Avenue | 133.95m | 39s | Devron Developments | AUDAX

Turner Fleischer is now attached

PLN - Architectural Plans - 4of4 - Architectural Plans_101 Spadina_June 30 2023_Part4-33.jpg

PLN - Architectural Plans - 1of4 - Architectural Plans_101 Spadina_June 30 2023_Part1-2.jpg

PLN - Architectural Plans - 1of4 - Architectural Plans_101 Spadina_June 30 2023_Part1-3.jpg

Last edited:
An Instagram ad for this one popped up while I was scrolling. "Live on Toronto's widest avenue". Wait, what? Is that like a thing, there's really nothing better to market about living in this area? lol

I must say though, I don't think I've seen Spadina looking better than in this promo shot they've been using. Love the scale and buff brick buildings in that stretch.

101-Spadina-Jewel-Box.jpg

And it's not even true - University has a significantly wider right of way than Spadina!

Correct!

For accuracy, I just measured.

University Avenue, at Edward is ~55M across

Spadina Avenue at Dundas is ~40M across

Devron has applied for a construction permit and will set up a sales office across the street in anticipation of sales launching in Q1 2024 and then construction beginning in the spring. It’s expected construction of 101 Spadina will take just over four years.

Proceeds from the land transfer from the city will support an estimated 20 to 30 new affordable off-site housing units in the area, with potential opportunities at current parking lots that could be converted to residential uses at 35 Bellevue Ave. and 15 Denison Ave.

I really hope they keep the depth of the precast details on this one. If they don't, it is going to become super flat, and the nuance of depth and details are going to become lost. I am not hopeful though, because the precast and brick goes all the way up, which unless its selling at luxury prices the envelope is going to get VE'd hard.

Back