Toronto Ïce Condominiums at York Centre | 234.07m | 67s | Lanterra | a—A

ICE is very nice and I'd love to see more buildings with an organic design like it but the Delta just sneaks in there and steals the show.

I agree!
I think ICE, the great looking Delta and a handful of the new 30'ish office buildings make up for some of the dreck around here and improves the area overall. Hopefully Tridel's building can pull off something of a major miracle (by turning out great), Southcore/Harbourfront needs a few more buildings to pull the eye away from some of the more unfortunate one's.

Taken today. December 15, 2013.

099.jpg

102.jpg

Attachments

• 099.jpg
    099.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 828
  • 102.jpg
    102.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 1,619
SouthCore is great, I like it. What would highlight the excellent glass so far would be a design that deliberately clashed. Something marble or stone, like Scotiabank. I'd like to see red or Deco. Something sort of crazy.

Taken Friday December 20th. ICE towers going up into the clouds :)

IMG_20131220_150753.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20131220_150753.jpg
    IMG_20131220_150753.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 1,250
SouthCore is great, I like it. What would highlight the excellent glass so far would be a design that deliberately clashed. Something marble or stone, like Scotiabank. I'd like to see red or Deco. Something sort of crazy.

Yes! This.

Originally Posted by buildup

I can't possibly understand why you would want such a thing... Can't you see the beauty of perfection that is the relentless monotony of monochromatic repetition? (sarcasm alert :p).

attachment.php

(Image by Indrid Cold found HERE )

Harbour Plaza towers are going to be white (mostly)? Shouldn't that help diversify South core from it's usual blue/green walls of glass.

Harbour Plaza towers are going to be white (mostly)? Shouldn't that help diversify South core from it's usual blue/green walls of glass.

That's just the frosted balconies, the window wall itself won't be white. So unfortunately it probably won't look much different from ICE

I agree, but the problem is they're running out of space. All that's left to be built up is 16 York which I highly doubt will get a design change and the two lots across from the ACC(one one the east side of Bay and the other on the south side of Lakeshore, east of the Harbour sq. development).

I agree, but the problem is they're running out of space. All that's left to be built up is 16 York which I highly doubt will get a design change and the two lots across from the ACC(one one the east side of Bay and the other on the south side of Lakeshore, east of the Harbour sq. development).

Well then perhaps more colour in the 1-7 Yonge area, or potentially the proposed Harbord street towers.

Back