Toronto Ïce Condominiums at York Centre | 234.07m | 67s | Lanterra | a—A

Is it ok if I change the topic and talk about Ice for a minute?

Anyways, they are working on putting up actual hoarding on the borders of the site. In the pic I posted above the advertising hoarding is being reused on the new hoarding at the edge of the site.

It looks like initial site preparation is underway now.

Do people want to see any pictures of this stuff? I'm happy to post pics of the progress if anyone is interested.

Yes, we are interested. No need to ask to post pics, they are always welcomed (as is your last picture of the hoarding going up). That said, as exciting as it is to see site prepping commence, I am a little surprised to see the hoarding go up right along the onramp to the Gardiner. I do not know where exactly the property line is, but I kind of wish that the South Linear Park path would still be accessible. I guess Ice and Infinity 3 construction is more important, perhaps even a liability issue at play.

Toronto's a huge market, and there's always someone willing to compromise money against aesthetics. But that said, look at the price points on Star of Downtown compared to the price points on 500 Sherbourne and Verve. Same neighbourhood, same land values, which developers made the most money on their properties?

Something similar is happening up the street with X/X2/Couture. In the time it took Monarch to hit its sales mark Great Gulf managed to sell out the first building, build it, and sell most of the second building. Again, which developer really came out ahead?

And really, the ultimate in scientific proof on this one (in that *all* of the variables are constant other than design) look at Casa and BSN. Same location, even the same developer, and Casa was occupied first despite BSN having a several year headstart.

These are some very good examples of the impact of good architecture on condo desirability.

Is it ok if I change the topic and talk about Ice for a minute?

Anyways, they are working on putting up actual hoarding on the borders of the site. In the pic I posted above the advertising hoarding is being reused on the new hoarding at the edge of the site.

It looks like initial site preparation is underway now.

Do people want to see any pictures of this stuff? I'm happy to post pics of the progress if anyone is interested.

YES please please do post if u have them. They are most welcome here.

Took this on my way to work. They're dropping off a construction trailor at the south end of the Ice site.

4504846523_3d89d2c9cd_b.jpg

More hoarding progress. They're going straight to the covered hoarding, rather than doing the dig and only putting fences around as protection.

This is taken from across York street looking west. If you look at the gap between the covered hoarding and the construction trailer on the left of the photo in the distance you'll see the hoarding they put up to close the gap between the gardner ramp and the fences of the infiniti site.

4523450926_21f38b6ec8_b.jpg

This is great news! So L, both Ice towers and 18 York rising at the same time as Trump, Shangri-la. Should be an exciting exit out of recession for us.

I believe Toronto wasn't CC'd on the memo. :p

I believe Toronto wasn't CC'd on the memo. :p

well, there certainly was no construction recession. but as a student looking for work this year, i can confidently say the economy sucked. that's a technical term.

as a professional with decent work experience, I second barrytron3030 ... the job market is terrible right now ~

Until now I assumed that the property line is the boundary of the parking lot, now I see that they are hoarding up way closer to the ramp. Does anyone knows where exactlly the tower is to be located? The difference is about 30-40', but is critical for my view.

I don't have a firm answer for you, but I'm pretty sure they're just hoarding that extra space for use as construction staging

Back