Toronto Ïce Condominiums at York Centre | 234.07m | 67s | Lanterra | a—A

Don't worry, the design will probably be replaced by a box before it starts construction. After all, this is Toronto.

In these tough economic times if we can get Ice,Ltower,Aura,1Bloor,The Cumberland, Signature, of the ground plus what is already being build, we would stay in good shape and probably be one of the few cities in the world with a continuous construction boom.

It certainly is on the top of a condo tower. You actually question that?

Seen any other Swiss cheese-topped condos?

I was addressing sliced cheese in and of itself - as in, can one think of a piece of sliced cheese as being whimsical?

Atop a condo tower it may very well look cheesy.

The towers look nice by themselves. No need for dairy products up top imo.

Granted, sliced cheese on its own is not whimsical... but this piece will be about 90 feet square and 700 feet in the air on top of a condo, and that's pretty big and pretty high for sliced cheese. That odd context cannot fail to impart whimsy to that cheese, and as we're the Urban Toronto Forum and not the Giant Slice of Cheese in Isolation Forum we necessarily deal with context, so, you can't ignore that contextual whimsy.

I could ignore the context, but I believe that you are telling me I ought not to.

All I have to say to that is: what if on a hot summer day your vaunted contextual cheese slice melts?

I could ignore the context, but I believe that you are telling me I ought not to.

All I have to say to that is: what if on a hot summer day your vaunted contextual cheese slice melts?

..Hmm.. I wonder if the architect would be grilled over what went wrong..

will this design prompt our future generation refer to ICE as the Cheesey Condos ? :D haha

mods: interchange has a habit of prancing around in public dressed as a slice of processed cheese. Several forum members can attest to it. There is photographic evidence. He has a known conflict of interest in promoting the subject. Make him stop, please.

Not one of the above cheese jokes was remotely funny or even rye.

778642921_478e054890.jpg

Back