Toronto Ïce Condominiums at York Centre | 234.07m | 67s | Lanterra | a—A

Taken Nov. 6

ice_nov_2013a.jpg

ice_nov_2013b.jpg

Swiss-cheese holes now visible. Looks impressive!

IMG_1932.jpg

IMG_1934.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1932.jpg
    IMG_1932.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 668
  • IMG_1934.jpg
    IMG_1934.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 671
Yes, the layouts are very small. Those are going to be some noisy units.

The great risk for investors is that tenants won't want to stay here long - fast turnover ultimately leads to poor unit maintenance and the building as a whole slides into disrepair since it is difficult to marshall hundreds of individual landlords. five years from now it becomes difficult to sell the small units and prices drop dramatically as unit owners try to get something out of their investment. Toronto ends the real loser here.

The Toronto core is joining other big city cores of the world. Very small downtown units are the reality for many around the world. If you've moved here from Hong Kong, it's probably a step up. To live downtown, you willingly make sacrifices.

Roof is lookin' pretty sharp. Does anyone know what exactly the roof is going to be used for anyway? I'm assuming a garden or some sort of outdoor space for residents.

The great risk for investors is that tenants won't want to stay here long - fast turnover ultimately leads to poor unit maintenance and the building as a whole slides into disrepair since it is difficult to marshall hundreds of individual landlords. five years from now it becomes difficult to sell the small units and prices drop dramatically as unit owners try to get something out of their investment. Toronto ends the real loser here.

Yes and no. I have a "noisy" unit that I rent out and one tenant has been there for 3 years. I think many young people can deal with the noise. An older tenant would most likely not renew. That said, this is a wonderful looking building.

It looks very impressive. I am eager to see the Swiss Cheese Roofs from CN Tower.

Back