Toronto Ïce Condominiums at York Centre | 234.07m | 67s | Lanterra | a—A

When I was down there a few weeks ago, I noticed that the pit for Infinity Condos was slightly shallower than the ICE condo pit, so this one will reach ground level faster as well.

Now thats an infill project! well at lease infinity seems that way for me - ice on the other hand (based on the renderings, height) has the potential to be the real jewel of southcore

They are being done at the same time. They are separate developments with different developers. I'm guessing Infinity will be done sooner than ICE, it seems to be well ahead already.
They are a smaller tower afterall... you'd think they'd be done well before it ICE get's completed. By building/digging together, I think it helped with the building of the PATH - since both ICE & Infinity are connected.

from today
20110309186.jpg

This area - Southcore - is becoming the best example of mixed residential and commercial use in the city. Where else are you going to find so many major condos towers side-by-side with office towers. Throw in other unique things like Air Canada Centre and Union Station and its quite dramatic. Only things missing is major retail - although perhaps the Union Station revitalization will provide that eventually.

Some more interesting and unique restaurants are needed too. After going to the Jays' game last Tuesday, I realized how pathetically devoid of restaurants the area is. The only option nearby is St. Louis Bar & Grill, and there's not much else along Bremner either. I know the area caters to a lot of people coming from out of town, meaning more recognizable chains are likely, but you'd think the whole area would be covered in restaurants. Hopefully this will improve with time.

There's also the Hoops, the Real Sports place, e11even, the place in Telus, all of the take-away options at the Longos, the hotel bar at le Germain, and the assortment of fast food at Union (tho most has closed because of the renovation). The area isn't great but it isn't as bad as you make it seem.

Back