News   Jul 17, 2024
 36     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 696     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 607     0 

The Weather

it was gross walking around anywhere today.. it's all a slushy mess... Bloor St was very quiet today for a Christmas-shopping weekend. The freezing rain has started as well, not helping the situation.

Why are so many people over-reacted to this "winter" thing?? Don't we have winter every year? So why such a big deal? Everytime there's something like this, gosh, news are everywhere, headlines, major stories, blah blah blah...like it's the first time or something. :confused:

I don't think anyone is over-reacting, it's just the typical bitching and carping about the weather.

The more news channels there are, the more news is required to fill the time. The same goes for weather. To keep people watching at some point you have to turn a summer shower into a potential disaster. Even a brief snowstorm offers up the potential to advertise imminent mayhem.

If anything, panic over nothing burns a few extra calories.

really? we got lots in richmond hill. probably another 10cm

some photo's i took today from my room. those icicles are amazingly long.

DSC04602.jpg

DSC04603.jpg

Oh dear. Looks like someone didn't clear the leaves out of their evestroughs before the snow-and-thaw-and-freeze cycle.

A great deal of leaves didn't drop until the first snowfall two weeks ago. It's been such an unusual fall.

cleaning the eavestroughs isn't our responsiblity since we live in a condo, but they haven't been doing their job. we are one of the only ones in our development who have these huge icicles.

but they do look really nice.

Why are so many people over-reacted to this "winter" thing?? Don't we have winter every year? So why such a big deal? Everytime there's something like this, gosh, news are everywhere, headlines, major stories, blah blah blah...like it's the first time or something. :confused:

I'm not overreacting to this "winter" thing.... "missed me by ... this much!". Got out of dodge a matter of days before this "winter" thing bit :)

It's now typically around 30 degrees Celsius and sunny.... :cool:

Back