News   Apr 18, 2024
 310     0 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 2.2K     1 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 2K     4 

The Weather

Sunday's Bills-Browns game moved to Detroit, fans to receive ticket refunds purchased through the Bills or Ticketmaster

From link.

Due to public safety concerns and out of an abundance of caution in light of the ongoing weather emergency in western New York, Sunday's Cleveland Browns-Buffalo Bills game will be moved to Ford Field in Detroit at 1 p.m. ET, the NFL announced today.

The decision to move the game from Highmark Stadium in Orchard Park, NY was done in consultation with the Buffalo Bills and local and state authorities as the region prepares for the storm.

The game will be televised on CBS at 1 p.m. on Sunday Nov. 20 as part of its regularly scheduled broadcast.

I’ve never understood why these people walk through the winter weather to illegally enter the US. You’re already in the better country, why not seek asylum here in Canada?

False propaganda from the US.

From link.

1675179589295.png

1675179685602.png

1675179733398.png

Best place I think for this. I noticed these super bright "stars" lined up tonight. I checked on it and apparently this is Venus and Jupiter in a rare alignment from the Earth perspective.

IMG_20230302_185713.jpg

Best place I think for this. I noticed these super bright "stars" lined up tonight. I checked on it and apparently this is Venus and Jupiter in a rare alignment from the Earth perspective.

View attachment 459464

We've also just come off a bit of an Aurora peak, but pretty low on the horizon for these latitudes and the city ha a lot of ambient light. This was apparently taken around Fergus a couple of days ago. Sadly, because of trees we have no horizon where we are.

1677805135888.png

Last edited:
Got some thunder and lightning action with the snow tonight.

To those complaining about our weather, there is this...

Sydney records hottest day in two years as 40C temperatures threaten homes

From link.

Mon, March 6, 2023 at 4:50 a.m. EST

Temperatures have reached 40C in parts of eastern Australia as an autumn heatwave saw fires threaten properties and forced schools to be closed.

Sydney recorded its hottest day in more than two years with temperatures reaching 37.6 as nearly 40 bushfires broke out, while many people flocked to the beach to enjoy the hot weather.

Temperatures in Penrith, which is 35 miles west of Sydney, hit 40.1C on Monday afternoon, while some inland towns reached nearly 41C.

Hundreds of firefighters in New South Wales (NSW), which is the home state of one-third of Australians, were battling to protect some homes and buildings as nearly 40 bushfires broke out.
Crews on the ground were supported by aircraft while some residents were warned to leave their area as some fires continued to quickly spread.

Around 35 schools in NSW were closed due to the severe heat.

Angela Burford, operational officer at the NSW Rural Fire Service, told the Australian Broadcasting Corp: "If a fire does start, it's going to be burning under those difficult conditions...[it's] harder for our firefighters to get around them, and fire can spread very quickly, particularly in grassland."

The fire service said "hundreds of firefighters have been kept busy today" across the state and the work will "continue well into the night".

Dry thunderstorms are also possible across eastern NSW, leading to conditions that could see lightning ignite new fires, the Bureau of Meteorology said.

The hot and dry conditions are likely to persist until Wednesday.

Australia's east coast has been dominated by the La Nina weather phenomenon - typically associated with increased rainfall - over the last two years, which has brought record rains and widespread flooding.

In 2022, Sydney recorded its highest rainfall since records began in 1858.

But the weather bureau last week said its climate models suggest La Nina was "likely near its end".

Neutral conditions, which is neither La Nina or its opposite El Nino, were likely to prevail through the southern hemisphere autumn, experts said.

Back