News   Mar 28, 2024
 658     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 458     1 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 782     0 

The Weather

Looks like about 15 to 20cm where I am on the eastern edge of downtown; as of now it appears the snowfall is ending. I see out the window some local businesses decided not to open this morning, or they are opening late. Traffic on the street appears to be picking up now to where it would have been earlier. I think it's a delayed rush hour with people who would have started work at 8:30 or so only heading in now.

Is the City officially plowing the downtown sidewalks now, or does that not kick in until next winter?

I have a friend from Pickering who had to go into work downtown today. Here's how the train platforms at Union Station looked like:

IMG-20220117-WA0003.jpg

Looks like about 15 to 20cm where I am on the eastern edge of downtown
Well over 30 cm here near Woodbine/Gerrard. I'd reckon 40 cm - perhaps more where the snow was accumulating from drifting.

I think this is the most I've seen in one storm since I moved to Toronto over 15 years ago.

Well over 30 cm here near Woodbine/Gerrard. I'd reckon 40 cm - perhaps more where the snow was accumulating from drifting.

I think this is the most I've seen in one storm since I moved to Toronto over 15 years ago.

Wasn't aware you were only here 15yrs. 1998 was colossal. Though I guess you came from Montreal so would've been used to that.

Wasn't aware you were only here 15yrs. 1998 was colossal. Though I guess you came from Montreal so would've been used to that.
I was a bit further west than that then - so got some of it - but not as much. I actually made the mistake of driving from Montreal during that storm!

I don't recall much bigger in one go than today in Montreal - though it does pile up more over the winter. And I don't recall ever seeing as much as Toronto got in 1998 so quickly. Montreal is very good at trucking away everything between the sidewalks to get ready for the next storm - they have it down to a science - or at least they used to. Used to see that 3 or 4 times over the winter.

I've seen it 2 or 3 times here over the last 15 years - and then only here and there.

Back