1.1K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 976     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 367     0 

The Toronto Teaser!

Where's my beaver? :p

DSC00501.jpg

dreamer: That's the coat of arms of the Village of Yorkville, which was annexed with the city Toronto in 1883.

The symbols represent the trades of the first Aldermen:

* Beer barrel: "S" ( John Severn, brewer )

* Brick mould: "A" ( Thomas Atkinson, brickmaker )

* Anvil: "W" ( James Wallis, blacksmith )

* Plane: "D" ( James Dobson, carpenter )

* Bull: "H" ( Peter Hutty, butcher )

A similar stone coat of arms also appeared on Yorkville Town Hall ( William Hay, architect ), built on the west side of Yonge near Davenport in 1859 and demolished in 1942.

You can see the the coat of arms in the image of the Town Hall in this link - high up on the building just above the circular window:

http://www.torontohistory.org/Pages_VWZ/Village_of_Yorkville.html

- Shocker

Yep, since no one guessed the location (I'm very shocked by US's lack of knowledge...:)), I put up a Lytton Park/Lawrence/Eglinton riding photo tour, with this cold glass'n concrete thing included. Honestly, I prefer the old homes to this box.

Anyone care to guess the location of this obvious insurance scam job? (Or building permit scam job?)

DSC01153.jpg

Yep, since no one guessed the location (I'm very shocked by US's lack of knowledge...:)), I put up a Lytton Park/Lawrence/Eglinton riding photo tour, with this cold glass'n concrete thing included. Honestly, I prefer the old homes to this box.

Anyone care to guess the location of this obvious insurance scam job? (Or building permit scam job?)

DSC01153.jpg

I don't know the location but how it is obviously arson?

The courtyard behind the buildings on the southeast corner of Yonge and Adelaide have a similar glass type set up but I know that photo isn't it.

Back