News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.3K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.1K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 391     0 

The Tenor (10 Dundas St E, Ent Prop Trust, 10s, Baldwin & Franklin)

• Thread starter billy corgan19982
  • Start date
Here's what's behind the fans:

The fans are where I've overlaid the orange highlights. There's nothing behind them other than stupidity.

Stupid Fans.jpg

Original image by MetroMan

Attachments

• Stupid Fans.jpg
    Stupid Fans.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 1,397
Last edited:
You're right. There is something there though. Maybe some sort of mechanical. You can see this by the layout of Futureshop. At the back of the store, it's divided into two rooms. One for big TV's and another for smaller ones. Dividing them is a deep partition which is located exactly where the fan is. Still, that's besides the point. Those fake fans don't need to be there. They could easily be replaced by opaque glass to at least give the appearance of windows.

Last edited by a moderator:
Those fans are just a metaphor for the dysfunctional layout and design of this entire building. (Although I will admit that the most recent changes to the interior have helped with the aesthetic side of things.)

You are giving it way too much credit, the exterior remains a disaster of epic proportions - and the way it "addressed" Victoria is unforgivable. That, and the escalator from the food court is as classy as ever.

AoD

What was a I generous about? I said it was a (small) improvement, not working miracles. The whole building will continue to be a mish-mash with the worst layout and circulation possible until the day it is torn down and redone from scratch.

They've done a really good job to the lobby. I went by this weekend. The ceilings are dropped and painted red, with very small LED lights that give off a starry night effect. Heading up the escalators from the basement, they've also added an LED curved screen that matches the one they're building outside.

I'll snap some pictures if I go by today.

Yes please!

I will be inside the building later tonight, not sure when, but I can also take a few pictures. The work seems to be moving at a rapid pace on both the exterior and the interior.

Yes, they have added a digital canopy to the outside, but also they have added some colourful balcony railings outside the Jack AStors bar, which are very eye-catching.

I'm waiting for them to turn on these LED curved screens. The one in the basement has been there for a bit now, but hasn't been turned on from what I know. Maybe they're going to turn them all on at the same time.

I'm waiting for them to turn on these LED curved screens. The one in the basement has been there for a bit now, but hasn't been turned on from what I know. Maybe they're going to turn them all on at the same time.

They did, briefly, and it was bright. It made the underground look so much more inviting.

In fact I dare say the lobby looks good now

Yes, the outdoor curved LED screen continues inside. It's amazing the difference ceilings and other finishes make. 10 Dundas East looked so terrible because it was simply incomplete all these years. Circulation within the building is going to remain a challenge though.

Back