News   Jul 10, 2024
 177     0 
News   Jul 09, 2024
 985     1 
News   Jul 09, 2024
 1.9K     4 

The Tenor (10 Dundas St E, Ent Prop Trust, 10s, Baldwin & Franklin)

• Thread starter billy corgan19982
  • Start date
yep, there was a crane there tonight, they were putting up framing going up the sides of the vertical ducts..

I just drove by this evening. Too bad I didn't notice the final ad going up.

What I did notice is that driving from Dundas Eastbound towards Yonge is quite an experience. The light from the high def screen fills the entire neighborhood and the curved features on the wall make for a nice viewing perspective.

yep, there was a crane there tonight, they were putting up framing going up the sides of the vertical ducts..

That will make a huge visual improvement to that side of the building once those HVAC ducts are hidden behind ad panels. It will also make that whole project look much more complete.

I was down there last night and....the haters need to eat cake. For real.

The Tri-vision looks amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sliver bands of light shimmer off the ads in amazing intensity. Someone said it before Metropolis at night is a totally different building.

Sliver bands of light shimmer off the ads in amazing intensity. Someone said it before Metropolis at night is a totally different building.

Because at night you can't see the hideous exposed metal and shoddy construction? By that token, a lot of buildings are totally different in the dark.

That said, more signs will only improve this beast. I hope that the gapping is covered up; that would go a long way toward helping out. How much do you want to bet that PenEq wanted to cover every inch in signage, but the city restricted the coverage?

Because at night you can't see the hideous exposed metal and shoddy construction? By that token, a lot of buildings are totally different in the dark.

That said, more signs will only improve this beast. I hope that the gapping is covered up; that would go a long way toward helping out. How much do you want to bet that PenEq wanted to cover every inch in signage, but the city restricted the coverage?

Shoddy constuction? where? I think PCL has done a decent job...re: your second point I would agree, the tower (Dundas street wall) should be covered just like the tower on the Atrium. If the city took an arbitrariry position (based on X sq.ft. of signage based on the original approvals) then it is obvious why there are areas where the siding is exposed. All things equal (and assuming the advertising / signage industry buys into the YD model) over time I'm sure this will be corrected.

I work in advertising and I really thought the tri-vision would be a total dud... trying to complete with (and above) live action images on the brightest LED screen on planet earth.

But... the trivision messages flip every 5 seconds and the impact is irresistible... it's just a bunch of sliced up advertising messages but it is undeniably dynamic.

I managed to get a couple of shots when the LED panels weren't too bright. I only got two of the tri-vision ads, perhaps there are only two. I took 37 shots and only saw two tri-visions ads when I reviewed them all.

An LED panel has a blip in it towards the top left side.

PICT1218.jpg

PICT1219.jpg

Around noon I saw them hoisting up parts for what I assumed was the missile launched thingy, so I think that'll start going up soon.

I like how this is coming together. And with the revamping of Torch on the horizon, Yonge and Dundas' future is looking bright (pardon the pun).

mix it up a bit.cmon an ad for a Panasonic viera and a Sharp Aquos on the same building?bet those competitors are happy.unless they are owned by the same company.

It still really bugs me that the curvy video screen is installed too far to the right. I guess it's too late to expect that it'll be fixed now, but...*cringe*.

Back