News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.7K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 366     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 936     1 

The Tenor (10 Dundas St E, Ent Prop Trust, 10s, Baldwin & Franklin)

• Thread starter billy corgan19982
  • Start date
I still feel somewhat contemptuous about the whole mess of a building, but these updates are all improvements, so I'm not going to pretend they aren't.

Shake Shack should animate most of the Yonge Street frontage, and the Hard Rock Cafe will no doubt open up all the windows immediately above it towards the square and the street, so, that will be a massive improvement over what Winners presents to the outside world.

It remains to be seen how the food court and Ballroom changes will all shake out (sorry), but should I assume that Harvey's and the other three remaining tenants will all be on the east side of the floor to maintain pedestrian flow out of the Cineplex, with The Ballroom taking the West side, hopefully opening all the street-facing windows again?

I wonder who will take Milestones…

I still feel somewhat contemptuous about the whole mess of a building,

Agreed.

but these updates are all improvements, so I'm not going to pretend they aren't.

Also agreed.

....but should I assume that Harvey's and the other three remaining tenants will all be on the east side of the floor to maintain pedestrian flow out of the Cineplex,

Harveys will be alone on the north side, with the others all on the east side, the escalator from cineplex coming down where it does now, between them.

with The Ballroom taking the West side, hopefully opening all the street-facing windows again?

Ballroom is on the west side, not sure how they intend to treat the windows, or their separation from the common space (residual food court seating)

Another post, just related to Little Canada:

Are they moving their ticketing up to ground level (where the AMC Theatres ticketing started out way back at the dawn of Metropolis, as per the colourful logo in the 103 space above?? If that's one of the changes that's not changing (per your note @Northern Light), then that's a good sign.

I was just back at Little Canada for a birthday this weekend, and discovered that they've made a change to their layout that will give them space for another "land", and I take that as good news re: their attendance, that they're doing well enough to push anything non-critical for their main space up to ground level so they can maximize their attraction space.

For anyone wondering about their internal details…

…when Little Canada first opened, the attractions were Niagara (top floor), Toronto, the Greater Golden Horseshoe, Ottawa, and Quebec City, (all on the bottom floor). The next one to open was going to be the North, but they decided to complete the East Coast first, so it opened on the bottom floor in 2023.

Next up is Vancouver and the West Coast, opening this summer, and it's the one that's moved from its originally planned location. It's still on the top floor, but it's moved across the aisle to the space that formerly contained the gift shop (and waste space beside it). The gift shop itself has already moved into a smaller space where the upstairs cafe was.

That leaves the space where Vancouver and The West Coast was going to be, freed up for something else in the future, beside spaces where The Prairies and The Rockies will eventually go. They're weren't willing to divulge what, but say they have an idea for it already. (Maybe just more Prairies, more Rockies? I don't know — maybe mini versions of Calgary and Edmonton now too? If so, then they'll have all 1,000,000+ population centres in the country represented after they also open Little Montreal in another remaining space on the bottom floor, so that's my guess.)

Anyway, that means with one new land per year, they'll continue to have openings up to 2030...

...so that's all good news for them. I'm glad. It's impressive.

Another post, just related to Little Canada:

Are they moving their ticketing up to ground level (where the AMC Theatres ticketing started out way back at the dawn of Metropolis, as per the colourful logo in the 103 space above?? If that's one of the changes that's not changing (per your note @Northern Light), then that's a good sign.

I agree they should do that, but :I'm not certain if they are............ I'll see what I can dig up.

The permit below is nothing to get too excited about on its own, but is indicative of the larger re-tenanting moving forwards:

1708460500728.png

Im going to go out on a limb, and predict that in 5 years they'll be scrambling to rebrand/reinvent it on a shoestring budget (yet again) , and "The Tenor" will be a thing of the past.

Im going to go out on a limb, and predict that in 5 years they'll be scrambling to rebrand/reinvent it on a shoestring budget (yet again) , and "The Tenor" will be a thing of the past.

The name is silly............but whatever............the tenant mix is improving..........but what they really aren't addressing is the dysfunctional site circulation. Not sure anyone wants to bite the bullet of completely rebuilding the escalators............and laying them out differently.

Or considering whether retail should really be on five levels (including Cineplex) in a space such as this.........

Last edited:
The name is silly............but whatever............the tenant mix is improving..........but what they really aren't addressing is the dysfunctional site circulation. Not sure anyone wants to bite the bullet of completely rebuilding the escalators............and laying them out differently.

Or considering whether retail should really be on five levels (including Cineplex) in a space such as this.........
Maybe they should concentrate on making it an entertainment destination that stays open late. Little Canada could be re-homed so a dance club could go in, and the Winners could become a reading lounge/bookstore/board game cafe with some counter seats that overlook the square. I'd be okay with keeping the Dollarama though so long as they stayed open late too. Their stuff would be handy for any number of emergencies or shenanigans. And I'm sure the basement corridor of fast food counters would do well satiating those 2am munchies as people headed back to the subway.

It may not be my business, but with over 19 years of posts and 452 pages...and now a confusing new name, isn't about time we give this thing a Database entry, @interchange42? >.<

Back