News   May 14, 2024
 1.6K     1 
News   May 14, 2024
 1.4K     1 
News   May 14, 2024
 598     0 

The Tenor (10 Dundas St E, Ent Prop Trust, 10s, Baldwin & Franklin)

• Thread starter billy corgan19982
  • Start date
Yeah, Scotiabank has the only two movies that look even remotely interesting. Gran Torino, and Milk. Actually Quantum of Solace has some potential also, so three movies. Mainstream film is pretty lackluster these days.

It's also playing Doubt and The Reader right now, two more great movies. I saw Mongol there a while ago which was also great. That AMC is a-ok in my book.

Just finish the damn building already!!!
I can't stand looking at it every week ... unfinished!

Scotiabank Theatre tends to get the bigger blockbuster movies, because they get first dibs.
At Square one, Coliseum gets first choice of movies over the Square One Empire theatre, due to it being there first.

Don't know if anyone's noticed, but there are Woo Restaurant signs on the exterior of the building now. I also found some renderings of the restaurant entrance on the fourth floor.

Uploaded Jan. 30 on flickr by Rowe, T.A.
3239769702_40937616c3_b.jpg

From Torontoist:
d27b574d3fd33ab4de5ecf648f302306--3--12jpg--large.jpg

f09f898a473dd2f951b20dc25bc74d63--2--lobbyjpg--large.jpg

I prefer AMC over Scotiabank.
  • Not as packed
  • nicer chairs
  • more leg room
  • no need to go outside to get the subway
  • great choice of movies

I heard some people say the narrow escalator at the cinema exit is a potential fire hazard. Every auditorium has a fire exit and that narrow exit isn't meant to be a fire escape because the fire department would have to enter the box office area to get to the theatres. If the large crowds exit to the box office area, it would get in the way of the fire department.

I heard some people say the narrow escalator at the cinema exit is a potential fire hazard. Every auditorium has a fire exit and that narrow exit isn't meant to be a fire escape because the fire department would have to enter the box office area to get to the theatres. If the large crowds exit to the box office area, it would get in the way of the fire department.

Ideally, the building should be already evacuated before the fire department even arrives at the scene. From my experience at TLS during a fire alarm, that is the case. The building is empty by time fire services arrive.

Back