News   May 14, 2024
 1.9K     1 
News   May 14, 2024
 1.5K     1 
News   May 14, 2024
 623     0 

The Tenor (10 Dundas St E, Ent Prop Trust, 10s, Baldwin & Franklin)

• Thread starter billy corgan19982
  • Start date
I'm not surprised some businesses aren't doing well in there. The place is a hell hole.

It's beginning to remind me of this place that I remember visiting in London's Piccadilly Circus:

Trocadero Centre. It was right in the middle of the action but the interior looked and felt very cheap. SEGA world (arcades) was on the top level. For the size of the place, it sure felt really empty.

Perfect.

I noticed an advert in this month's Toronto Life magazine for Toronto Life Square. Still no signage, but at least an acknowledgment of the name.

Just curious as to why this topic is still on-going? Is there really anything else to complain about or even talk about in this the giant pile of shizzola? I mean....I guess so, because the thread is always around, but what are people holding out for? More cheap signage? A new neon sign? Maybe an aluminum fake fan was mounted on a wall somewhere...?

p5

why does the theater not play new movies.

It make no sense to me????

They do ... sometimes. I think it's related to Paramount ... they have exclusive rights for whatever reason.

hmm, thinking about the Cinplex near VCC, is it the same there? I don't think so ...

So why here?

Actually, it is the same in Vaughan (Int. 30 vs. Colossus) and in Scarborough (KC20 vs. Coliseum). The two theatres are in the same catchment area so only one can show a particular movie at a time. Distributors will decide which theatre gets to show their movie based on a number of factors such as how screens the movie will be shown on with x amount of seats. Usually the theatre that can bring in the most revenue will show each movie. Some distributors will just automatically have their movies run at the same place because both the distribution company and theatre are owned by the same parent company (i.e. Viacom used to own Paramount and Famous Players, therefore all Paramount movies went there instead of the AMC in the same catchment area).

The AMCs listed above will run movies longer because they have more screens and can show more movies at one time. Some movies will start to be shown at an AMC after the other theatre stops showing it. There are people, myself included, who will wait a month or so after a movie is released to see it at AMC after its run at Cineplex is over.

Thanks for the explanation ... makes sense.

makes some sort of sense but I remember last May and tons of University Students wanted to see Iron Man and they came to the theater and were greatly dissapointed.

Tons of lost business.

This is where I saw Iron Man - and I'm pretty sure it was opening day.

Yea ... lol

Bad movie to pick :)

I think that was the only movie which DID open at AMC first ;)

Iron Man imo is still leagues ahead of trash like Spiderman 3, Shrek 3 and Pirates of The Caribbean

Don't even get me started on Spiderman 3, that movie was the biggest crap I have ever seen and was a terrible way to end the trilogy. I still had to buy it because having incomplete sets really bothers me, but Spiderman 3 was truly the worst movie I ever saw

Spiderman in general was crap sorry to say ... the entire trilogy, I don't care what rave reviews it got.

That AMC would do SO much better if it actually showed movies people wanted to see. The location is great!

Back