News   May 16, 2024
 394     0 
News   May 16, 2024
 650     0 
News   May 15, 2024
 2.7K     0 

The Tenor (10 Dundas St E, Ent Prop Trust, 10s, Baldwin & Franklin)

• Thread starter billy corgan19982
  • Start date
Yonge and St Clair

Um, developers are urgently looking for a chance of building luxury condos there and the area from Avenue road to Yonge has been taken over by these condos.

Well Dundas square is a success only from April to October though.

We need more ads and more coporation-type restaurants on Yonge. Gotta bring the whole street up to par now :p

The best TLS photo to date... TLS as backdrop for the Argos cheerleaders at today's Argos Pep Rally!

IMG_5154.jpg

I was actually referring to Toronto Life, the magazine! Maybe most ppl here don't read it?

Yeah, I find it funny nobody's addressed that point, either--that given what Toronto Life mag is, its namesake square is rather declasse. Got no "Epicure" to it. (Well, MetroMan addressed the point, in his earlier musing over whether TL's having second thoughts about lending its name here.)

IMO if public space matched the spirit of a publication, the truest "Toronto Life Square" would be Scrivener Square. Not this, er, thing (which even if it's technically here "for keeps", might well be due for a beyond-recognition makeover sooner rather than later)

Oh, I don't care what food gets served at TLS, but Patriot is mistaken if he thinks that anyone is going to "get over it" and change their minds about what is arguably the most disappointing development in the city since Mike Harris was elected. I'll stay on my horse, thank you.

What the hell does this have to do with Mike Harris?

Nice photo Wylie. It is the best shot of TLS because we don't have to focus on the building at all. I like the one on the left.

The Milestones sign looks a lot better than the Sharp ad it replaced. I hope the Danone and vertical Panasonic ad are replaced soon, they've been up for a while.

It's clever how the sign uses the "on" from "Milestones" to make it "Milestones on Four"

Yeah, I find it funny nobody's addressed that point, either--that given what Toronto Life mag is, its namesake square is rather declasse. Got no "Epicure" to it.
I addressed that about 20-30 pages ago, give or take. :(

Nice photo Wylie. It is the best shot of TLS because we don't have to focus on the building at all. I like the one on the left.

The Milestones sign looks a lot better than the Sharp ad it replaced. I hope the Danone and vertical Panasonic ad are replaced soon, they've been up for a while.

Would be nicer if it didn't have an ugly frame around it.

Oh, I don't care what food gets served at TLS, but Patriot is mistaken if he thinks that anyone is going to "get over it" and change their minds about what is arguably the most disappointing development in the city since Mike Harris was elected. I'll stay on my horse, thank you.

What kind of development were you expecting of Toronto Life Square?

In Times Square for example, can you recount the beautiful architectual buildings? No. Times Square is an attraction because of the advertising showcased. The buildings are hidden, passe and an after-thought. The true architectual wonders are found throughout NYC away from Times Square. It makes sense.

The point here, is that Toronto Life Square was never built to be iconic or architectually award-winning. It was built to lure audiences for a gathering place, to congregate, to see big city life of signs and buzz. The meeting place provides an outlook for activity and visual expression - the purpose of Toronto Life Square, just like Times Square. To mix this purpose with an outstanding architectual focus would be confusing and unworthy. Would you really want advertising of this nature on beautiful award winning architectual buildings? I doubt it.

So Interchange 42 (why 42?), perhaps your expectations of Toronto Life Square were destined for failure from the beginning: the elected city council vision and purpose of the TLS was different from yours.

In retrospect, TLS is one place, we have the whole city for architectual masterpieces. Maybe we'll see Interchange 42 at the forefront of the activity.

Back