News   Jul 16, 2024
 430     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 537     2 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 1.4K     3 

The Tenor (10 Dundas St E, Ent Prop Trust, 10s, Baldwin & Franklin)

• Thread starter billy corgan19982
  • Start date
Here's another one from the website...

1193597596.jpg

great angle in that last pic... really shows off the way the building follows the curve in Dundas St. This is going to be quite photogenic when Dundas Street is fully opened again, packed with a bunch of street cars and pedestrian traffic! The blue-green glass looks great and those decorative exhaust fans and exposed ducting are cool elements adding to the interest of the facade... what a shrine to capitalism.

Here's another one from the website...

1193597596.jpg

/\ Agreed. It makes all the difference when they take down the wooden walls which encircle any project. I go by the One St. Thomas almost every day and the biggest difference was when the wood came down. As for the fans and exposed ductwork, I really like them. I believe the comparisons to Blade Runner were already made but they are worth restating in the interest of heightening the futuristic allure of TLS...

Way to go Toronto!

Are those railings on the patio over future shop permanent? They look terrible, mind you, so does the whole building so maybe thats the look they are going for...

gah..... those railings are just as terrible as the rest of the building... how on earth would anyone find this building looking good? ugh... so much worse than the old rendering with the excitement and liveliness with the decorative add-ons and more creative ad spaces.

Are those railings on the patio over future shop permanent? They look terrible, mind you, so does the whole building so maybe thats the look they are going for...

You havn't seen the railings on the Yonge St. side... Once you see those, you will wish they had used the same ones that they used on the Dundas st. side.

The only thing good about Metropolis is the space/volume it takes up at Dundas Sq.

It's a crappy looking building. It looks like a giant A/C unit or what NASA would build as a moon base.

It reminds me of a cardboard box with glass windows.

Seriously though, this building makes me actually angry at how ugly it is in such a beautiful city, next to Eaton Centre, which is amazing architecture. It has no place here or anywhere really.

Look at the windows. They appear to be randomly placed wherever. And then look at the frames on the windows. Some are more vertical stripes, some horizontal. Some are gridlike.

Phunky I'm also disappointed with this building. I hate the store front on Yonge Street, no character. All this building is good for is advertising.

This isn't really surprising. This is from the same company that brought us the Torch.

^And just like Torch the building will be suitable for adaptive re-use in the future once Pen Equity sells it at a handsome profit.

I'm not a fan of this monster. Brutalism dressed in LED's. Could we get a little more gray in this intersection? It's not depressing enough yet.

Back