News   Jul 16, 2024
 425     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 536     2 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 1.4K     3 

The Tenor (10 Dundas St E, Ent Prop Trust, 10s, Baldwin & Franklin)

• Thread starter billy corgan19982
  • Start date
I still think "Skydome"'s commonly used--"Dome" is too generic in and of itself to be an exclusive/dominant casual naming mode.

And I agree that whatever incarnation of "Toronto Life Square" won't carry through into, well, "district branding"--but it doesn't mean it won't be used to brand the *building*. (And I don't think of "Toronto Life Square" as any less cumbersome as "Atrium On Bay", which *is* still casually referred to "Atrium On Bay"--though just plain Atrium, like just plain Dome, is acceptable-if-generic shorthand...)

a great close up of the fan that was posted on flickr by dieburg40.

1762743731_f3a59984a9_o.jpg

Scotiabank Theatre = Paramouont Cinema only
RioCan Hall = Festival Hall

I try to call Rogers Centre that too, but get a few blank faces sometimes.

I have a feeling AMC might still call their cinemas Metropolis. I don't see AMC Toronto Life Square in the cards for some reason.

So the put the signs that I saw them bring to the building last Sunday, what they did last sunday, they stored all the signs on the roof and the yesterday it seems they installed them, kinda strange but it looks pretty good so far. I don't have the time to go take pics today.

Paul

Thanks for the update Paul, no matter what it meant.

Well, that's a disappointment. I had envisioned something like a gigantic suspended paper-maché remote control actually AIMED at the TLS screen.

from the website....also, the north-facing sign is now illuminated....

1193510829.jpg

Let's hope those signs are all being installed properly so that they don't fall down. AHHH cuz suddenly I thought about that possibility and shuddered at the results. But thank God it's unlikely.

(I'm having a paranoid day.) :cool:

Back