News   Jun 28, 2024
 2.7K     3 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 1.6K     1 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 599     1 

The Tenor (10 Dundas St E, Ent Prop Trust, 10s, Baldwin & Franklin)

• Thread starter billy corgan19982
  • Start date
I was at the square today, and doesn't look like they've done anything to the north facing sign past what we've already seen. Guess they'll be working sat-sun, then?

That sign is huge...

YongeStFromLevis.jpg

YongeStSouth.jpg

I wish more of the building could be covered in ads. It's coming together nicely but the blank and bulky side along Yonge looks quite bad.

Ganjavih, I'm sure those will be covered in lit up logos of the stores and restaurants inside as per all the renderings we've seen so far, including the latest one - the most accurate.

^ I wonder why it would be corrugated, as opposed to the glass wall we were originally expecting, unless the intention is to cover the corrugated with signs? There is apparently no limit as to the number of signs permitted on this building, so why not just cover the entire thing? (Maybe leave a small opening at street level for a door or two :D )

I've never seen a rendering showing the corrugated wall along Yonge street with any signage.

It's kind of embarassing: I can't find the renderings I was talking about.

Nonetheless, I'm sure that that corrugated siding along the top of the Yonge St. side is for signs of the different stores and restaurants inside Toronto Life Square.

In the meantime, I'll try to find those renderings...

... Now my comments:

I like the Toronto Life sign along the side, but I'm pretty underwelmed with other aspects of the signage.

The center column was originally meant to be concave, it is now a flat slab without any roof ornaments.

Other parts are a little disappointing like the space below the Calvin Klein ad. It will remain corrugated grey cladding with no ad over it.

Also, the "Now Playing" movie ads have not been included in the final rendering, as has not the LED below the big screen. That shall remain a tiny ad hidden in the ocean of huge ads above it.

There's room for improvement and hopefully the big guns will kick in when this place becomes THE PLACE to advertise.

Concerning the latter rendering as compared with the earlier one, the loss of the roof ornaments was to be expected with the arrival of the daring faux-fan additions.

Another dead give-away that the early version would not resemble what is going up: the prominent "summer 2005" completion date.

Nevertheless, that being said, the more brightly-lit ads, the better - and sooner, please.

^ one is to be seen by those walking up and down Yonge, the other is to prominantly display the name of the building to those in the square.

Back