News   Jul 16, 2024
 676     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 601     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 740     2 

The Tenor (10 Dundas St E, Ent Prop Trust, 10s, Baldwin & Franklin)

• Thread starter billy corgan19982
  • Start date
Hmm, a few days ago the Future Shop LED screen/ticker had "United We Stand" and the American Flag; yesterday night it's a map of the Middle East centred on Iraq. What's next, Osama Bin Laden making an apperance?

bob.jpg

Osie looks good ditching the beard - though a tad bit too Middle America. He could loose his street cred (or donkey path cred - if there is such a thing).

Both video screens working Thursday with the same info from Wed night.

Contrast and colours out shine the existing ones in the area.

Shoppers is in the final stage of drywalling.

Crews are working on the Yonge entrance area for Future shop. Crews had a hard time trying to get back into the building after the street was close Wed night when the left for supper before the closing or showing up for work.

Lot of work to be done for the Dundas entrance area with drywall yet to start.

Very narrow escalators going to the lower level for the new TTC entrance. Once done, then the street one will be remove.

1416324238_b1bdf3c067_b.jpg

$10 bucks says that the PenEquity/Provincial ad was "designed" in MS Word. That sign displays all that is wrong with PenEquity's projects. No concern for quality work, everything to save a buck. The sign was probably put together by somebody's secretary in a couple of minutes.
Different fonts used for each of the companies' phone numbers, at least five different fonts used in the sign all together, no symmetry whatsoever... I mean, hire somebody to work on your signs for Pete's sake.

I really hope that that sign is temporary and is replaced by the LED ticker that was supposed to go there originally.

tiff in metropolis for 2 years?

Will AMC be new spot to find stars at TIFF?

Sep 21, 2007 04:30 AM
Peter Howell

Toronto International Film Festival planners are wondering what to do for the next two years, since their swanky new Bell Lightbox complex at King and John Sts. won't be ready for fest duties until 2010.

Their answer? Start moving due south now.

They hope to place many of their public screenings, now mainly scattered around the Yorkville area, into the new AMC Theatres megaplex in Toronto Life Square, the long-planned entertainment mecca at Yonge and Dundas Sts.

It's due to open in the spring of 2008, and that would make it a good fit for TIFF come September, says Piers Handling, the festival's director and CEO.

"That absolutely could be something, and it's closer to the centre of gravity where the event is moving," Handling said in an interview.

"The AMC complex will be right in the centre of everything: Dundas Square outside, close to Ryerson, not that far away from the Elgin Theatre and Roy Thomson Hall."

With its 24 screens, AMC could handle almost all of TIFF's public events. There were 28 screens at this year's fest, which wrapped last weekend.

that corner would go insane if they held the TIFF there. absolutely insane.

full article: http://www.thestar.com/entertainment/article/258910

$10 bucks says that the PenEquity/Provincial ad was "designed" in MS Word. That sign displays all that is wrong with PenEquity's projects. No concern for quality work, everything to save a buck. The sign was probably put together by somebody's secretary in a couple of minutes.
Different fonts used for each of the companies' phone numbers, at least five different fonts used in the sign all together, no symmetry whatsoever... I mean, hire somebody to work on your signs for Pete's sake.

I really hope that that sign is temporary and is replaced by the LED ticker that was supposed to go there originally.

Pretty sure that the sign is going to remain as backlit. It won't have that Pen Equity sign for too long though. I think it's just there for now while it's under construction to advertise their company.

Who will pay money for that puny little sign in the middle of all these huge billboards? It'll be washed out and really, all you can put there and still remain noticeable is a name. If that's the case, a neon letters sign would be more appropriate.

I like the idea of TIFF @ Toronto Life Square, specially because it will force them to beautify the building to host Toronto's and Hollywood's glitteratti.

On the other hand, Yonge St. has character, but common, do we really want the World's eyes on countless dollar stores, cheesy electronics bizzars and ... hmmm the aweful Torch in the background?

I respect the LG sign more than any other at Dundas Square because of its permanence. LG has made a commitment to advertising in the square and the use of neon is timeless. Looking at that photo, is is still the most noticeable logo BY FAR.

However, when the LG sign was first installed its neon flashed through different programs and patterns. Now it just seems to be stuck in the "on" position which isn't nearly as dynamic.

I like the postitioning of the LG ad. It faces tragith down Yonge street, and can be visible from quite far away. Facing more to the square would eliminate it's visibility from further down Yonge, limiting it to just the square. Ditto for the ad on the reverse, which tends to be CTV all the time. Great positioning for this sign in my view. I am just wondering when there will be another large tower erected over the Guess Store facing Yonge St

I like the idea of TIFF @ Toronto Life Square, specially because it will force them to beautify the building to host Toronto's and Hollywood's glitteratti.

Have you seen the exterior of the Ryerson theatre - stars don't sem to mind that, and they show up there year after year.

Back