News   Jul 22, 2024
 226     0 
News   Jul 22, 2024
 374     0 
News   Jul 22, 2024
 426     0 

The seemingly terminal decline of Tim Hortons

Agreed. I can sort of understand a teenager at home, sipping some on the run.....

But the notion of an adult, going out and getting that, especially when you think of Fast Food pop sizes too.

This may surprise you..........from the article:

"But breakfast is still the part of the day that attracts the most traffic at fast-food restaurants"
In university I had an 830 class where someone brought the following for breakfast: 600ml bottle of coke, all dressed ruffles chips, and large size Twix bar. Every day.

We might be amazed (saddened, revolted, etc.) how they eat. I mean, grits and sausage gravy? In their defence, a lot of their fast food coffee is worse than ours, but I still don't think I could do a pop for breakfast.
I'm amazed how McDonald's coffee in the US is worse than Canada. Meaning it is intentionally bad, meaning Americans prefer worse coffee.

In the South, minds can often be boggled if you order "hot" tea.

I'm amazed how McDonald's coffee in the US is worse than Canada. Meaning it is intentionally bad, meaning Americans prefer worse coffee.

No lol, nobody in America goes to McDonald's for coffee, because they have so many amazing coffee chains to chose form like... Caribou Coffee, Starbucks, Peet's, Dunn Bros, Biggby, Sheetz, Seattle's Best, Tully's, and my personal fave, Dutch Bros.

Wish we had half of the coffee chains they have. Even Dunkin' Donuts coffee is better than Horton's.

In university I had an 830 class where someone brought the following for breakfast: 600ml bottle of coke, all dressed ruffles chips, and large size Twix bar. Every day.

All the essential food groups are present I guess: Sugar, fat, caffeine and chocolate - and to be fair, it is an 8:30 class...

AoD

During my 8 am college classes I managed to start a small fire toasting a bagel.

Stupid me got a fire extinguisher and as a result set the fire alarm off.

It was a commercial toaster like they have at Tims but I set it so high the bagel caught fire.

It may surprise Canadians, but in the USA McDonalds sells more shakes for breakfast than they do at dinner.

On the few times I go to the US, I have to remind myself to order 'sweet tea' if I want what we know to be iced tea. Often when I ordered iced tea, I would just get a cup of just cold tea.
It may surprise Canadians, but in the USA McDonalds sells more shakes for breakfast than they do at dinner.
Didn't know that but, sadly, not surprised at all.

On the few times I go to the US, I have to remind myself to order 'sweet tea' if I want what we know to be iced tea. Often when I ordered iced tea, I would just get a cup of just cold tea.
When we drive to Myrtle Beach one of the best things is the unsweetened ice tea at McDs. We get the bladder buster size. Better than coffee and you don’t get the tooth rotting, high inducing sugar. We’d sometimes put a little of the sweetened tea just to make it a little less tart. But I’m British, many like a little tart.

I was also amazed by how bad the coffee is at Dunkin’ Donuts, even back when Tim Hortons had reasonable coffee.

Then again, I was surprised seeing so many Starbucks with drive-thrus, before we started getting them here.

Ask them to mix sweet tea and tea. Not such a sugar hit that way.

Reminds me of the famous Quebec Breakfast: a pepsi and a cigarette.

Back