News   Jul 15, 2024
 638     0 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 579     0 

The Met + Encore at The Met (Edilcan, 43 + 33s, P+S) COMPLETE

what a lovely building!!

thanks condotech!!

593536278_a636adc9c9_b.jpg

I don't think anyone has mentioned this yet but phase II reached the first setback sometime last week. It's about (if not the same) height as the first setback on phase I.

Quite a building. Excellently managed from conception through execution, with superb results based on exterior photographs. In their own way, when both phases of the Met are completed, a new standard may be set for Toronto. Congratulations indeed to all those who will be able to enjoy this building firsthand.

702193838_b698aed734.jpg
MetRender.jpg
701322105_c0650fcc6c.jpg

Previously Posted on "The MET Phase I & 2 [The Met Condos]":
centre top is render, all other images were photographed during construction of phase 1

532071954_e03d5c977e_b.jpg

Thanks again to those that posted these selected photographs and opening render.

So wait... it looks like the setback on phase II is one floor lower, to line up with the little building next door. I adore the consideration of these setbacks, but does this take the long view? That little runt doesn't look like much of a keeper... seems a likely target for a Museum House-type infill later on.

That little building should be torn down and replaced by a gigantic 80 story building canltilevered over the apartment slab next door!

I'm beginning to think the Met and Encore buildings are rather second rate; they were relatively cheap to buy into so the not-so-inspiring architecture isn't really surprising. Better than ROCP for sure--but is that the standard we want around downtown?

However, it's built and has a nice streetwall--let's continue that kind of streetwall in the entire area; I decided 90% of the buildings on Yonge St are worthy of being torn down (a few facadisms) and replaced with a long towering canyon of highrises! I give some of those cheap 50-70's one and 2 story dumps along Yonge St 10 more years before they give in to highrises.

So wait... it looks like the setback on phase II is one floor lower, to line up with the little building next door. I adore the consideration of these setbacks, but does this take the long view? That little runt doesn't look like much of a keeper... seems a likely target for a Museum House-type infill later on.

A deep sliver highrise would fit well in there

Yet another project where the undersides of balconies are not painted/treated.

Back