News   Jul 15, 2024
 291     0 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 465     0 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 550     0 

The Met + Encore at The Met (Edilcan, 43 + 33s, P+S) COMPLETE

Encore

haha alright, but I'll hold ya to it. lol :D Can you also take a shot of the city centre from the rooftop? I want to see what kind of a view it'll be. :) Thanks!

here they are

532172539_c960782dac_b.jpg

532172531_4bc75d57bc_b.jpg

532071974_e9da731c43_b.jpg

532071956_3cd4f00608_b.jpg

532071954_e03d5c977e_b.jpg

532071944_2a31ca09b7_b.jpg

532071938_6ff999e397_b.jpg

Encore

Thanks yin_yang, the pictures are great! That building is hottttt! :D

All of the next posts were focusing on that crappppppy project at 50 Gerrard East, so I created a new thread under that name by moving those posts.

Back to the Met!

LED Beacon

The Met joined the CN Tower tonight by beginning tests with their LED beacon.

Didn't realize it was going to be lit at the top along with ROCP. Wonder if they'll ever get those lights working properly.

Looks like the 2nd tower is on it's 4th floor now.

Now at least the there seems to be a reason for the 'turret' at the top of the tower. I always found that it stuck out oddly and didn't think it helped the architectural design of the tower. I'll have to check it out some evening.

from Torontoist.....

June 14, 2007
LED Exposure

The CN Tower isn't the only building this week to get a rainbow makeover (just in time for Pride Week, we might add). The latest skyscraper to adopt what seems to be an approaching fad is the almost-complete Met Condos at Yonge and Carlton Streets. The cylindrical cornice was lit for the first time tonight with computer-controlled LED panels, similar to those now being tested at the CN Tower.

For now, the Met simply cycled through the solid colours for a while before settling on blue, so it remains to be seen if other types of patterns and effects are to be incorporated. Using much less energy than traditional lights and capable of a range covering millions of colours, Toronto's most charming (and subtler) LED installation is in the Distillery District, where small suspended panels project nebulous blobs of colour on the cobblestone.

As more and more buildings attempt to distinguish themselves in our skyline and with LED illumination becoming cheaper and easier to maintain, Toronto's nighttime view might start to resemble Hong Kong's. We like change, but we urge restraint.

led_met_condo.jpg

I wonder if the guys at cityplace are scratching their heads saying "Why didn't we think of this?"

Gotta love those neoplastic colours. I'm not too fond of the turret actually, although I really like the rest of the building.

The CN tower looks very 'flashy'- one can actually see it at night now. For some I suppose that might not be considered a good thing :)

Back