News   Jul 15, 2024
 435     0 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 545     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 2K     1 

The Met + Encore at The Met (Edilcan, 43 + 33s, P+S) COMPLETE

Great shots! Amazing viewpoint!

Anything any good up on top of the Wellington?

Great shots! Amazing viewpoint!

Anything any good up on top of the Wellington?

thanks a lot man! i took time out of studying for an exam to shoot these, so much appreciated!

it's the Lexington, but nah not really...a few plants, suntanning benches and a picnic table. still a good place to hang out.

Really love the curves and the finishings of this one, very class! One of the best surprises so far in Toronto's current condo boom. And I love the last photo, College/Yonge has a very urban feel to it and it will only get better.

Those photos would be from the roof of the Lexington ... I should know, I lived in that building for several years. I took many a photo from the same vantage point.

I did notice one thing -- the canopies on the Met are following the precedent set by the canopies on the Ellington (the building on the SE corner of Carlton and Yonge), so they are not some random design mistake by the architects.

Bill

it needs trees! especially on the south side. i think the trees along there between the met condos and church are dying out because there isnt enough sunlight. if they bloom, they look scrawny.

Amazing shots! Thank you. I also wish the red would stay. Almost looks like the project could keep it and would look finished right now as is. (well almost)

Ya gotta love a building that isn't afraid to snugly meet the street... look at that lovely canyon. Whether you like Pantages or not, it has the same effect which is so rare in highrises these days.

Looks nice!

The problem with the awnings stems from the low ceiling height of the retail units.
The awning can't be any higher because the residential unit above is right there, and a bigger awning at such a low height would be too bulky and could impede passage on the sidewalk. A bigger awning would also enable people to climb to the second floor balconies more easily.
Ultimately, the retail ceiling heights should have been taller to allow for a bigger awning.

When the renderings for this puppy first appeared here, I recall posting something along the lines of,
"if this is executed properly, it could become one of the coolest looking towers in the city". And it has.
It's such a joy to watch someone hit it right out of the park and follow through on the potential of a project.

City building at its finest. Cheers!

"met looking dope, rcop looking a decade old."

Well put, and thanks for the dramatic photos.

Back